X-Box 360 fix | Teen Ink

X-Box 360 fix

May 19, 2009
By Leo Mangram BRONZE, Marietta, Georgia
Leo Mangram BRONZE, Marietta, Georgia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

On November 22,2005
the X-box 360 console was released..Hundreds of thousands of people took their new game systems home,only to experience technical problems rendering their 360 consoles useless. The main problem is called, ‘‘The Red Lights of Death" or “RedRing”. But,is Microsoft responsible for this? Recent actions have been taken for Microsoft to be held legally responsible.







So what are the “Red Lights of Death”? They are a fault in the 360 system in which 3 of the 4 green power lights on the 360 glow red.


There are similar problems with the 360 in which it looks similar to the red lights of death. When the Red Lights are glowing,
the 360 game system will not turn on. One of the main things people do is turn their 360 off and turn it back on. DO NOT DO THIS!!!!!
It only wastes valuable time for you to get it fixed .



HOW TO FIX YOUR 360:

Repair it in advance . By this I mean get a warranty. A warranty comes with every 360 game console. All you have to do is simply fill out the form telling you about the warranty , and your set. Or are you?


Sometimes papers get lost in the mail so be prepared to send at least one other form. You could also send your 360 back to the manufacturer it came from and get it repaired for around 50 to 90 dollars. This is highly recommended considering you get a thorough job done on the console.



I DON’T HAVE THE TIME I NEED TO FIX IT NOW:

If the 360 is to be repaired urgently then you could go inside and fix it your self,this is not highly recommended. There are very dangerous parts inside of every 360 console. You could possibly break your 360 worse than it is plus there are also very delicate wires that can easily be broken.


I DON’T HAVE THE WARRANTY PAPER:


If the following criteria are met, you can get it fixed without one:


“Have not called Microsoft previously regarding problems with your Xbox. And, have not opened/altered/modded you Xbox console.

Criteria from (wiki, 1)


HOW MUCH FOR A WARRANTY?

For 1 year: $29.95
For 2 years: $59.90
For 3 years:$89.95

[Just in case anything happens to the 360]



I GOT MY 360 A FEW MONTHS AGO AND IT GOT THE RED LIGHTS!:

Quickly, fill out the warranty paper and send it in. Then, when you get a reply from Microsoft
send in your 360 and wait a 3 to 5 weeks. Now, if you have anymore problems you will know what to do.


I WANT TO FIX MY 360 MY SELF:

First, make sure your 360 is off. Now go inside your 360.Then, take off both of the grey parts on the top and base of the console. Next, use a flat piece of metal to open the 20 clamps on the spine of the 360. Then, use a star screwdriver and open up the metal pieces on the inside of the 360. Next, you will find 2 metal pieces shaped like the letter x. Take the screws from around the “x” piece. Go inside and push down on the piece that is pressed up. Do all the steps in this passage in reverse. Then, turn your 360 on and enjoy.