Star Wars Battlefront 2 Video Game Review | Teen Ink

Star Wars Battlefront 2 Video Game Review

November 29, 2018
By Anonymous

Think Fortnite is the top game in the world right now? Think again. There might be a game out there that could give Fortnite a run for its money. I’m not talking about Black Ops 4 or even Minecraft, I’m talking about Star Wars Battlefront 2.

Released in November 2017, Star Wars Battlefront 2 is the newest Star Wars game out there. It was developed by EA DICE, Criterion Software, and Motive Studios and can be played on Xbox, PlayStation 4, or even Microsoft Windows. If you are not allowed to play games with blood and gore, this game is for you! It is both a single and a multiplayer game that has been rated T for teen. The game also updates every few months with new planets, new character, and even new vehicles.

At first however, I heard some changes were coming and that made me a little skeptical about it. For example, they planned to bring in Star Wars Heroes (such as Rey and Darth Vader) from different time periods and throw them together into the same time period. I also had a little trouble navigating the battle areas and figuring out the game controls. But as I got to know the game better and played it often, this game has actually become one of my favorites. Let me tell you why I like it so much.

Different from the last Battlefront, there are now 3 Star Wars eras that you can fight in. The Clone Wars, the Galactic Civil War, and the First Order-Resistance War. They have also introduced a new Soldier class gameplay. You can choose between Assault, Heavy, Officer, and Specialist.

There are also 3 different modes you can play: Campaign, Multiplayer, and Arcade. In Arcade you can choose to play solo, team up with a friend, or even play against each other. You can also choose the difficulty level, where you want to play, and how many AI troops you want to fight against.

Campaign on other hand, is only for one person and contains 2 playable story modes. In the first one, you will follow the untold stories of a young Special Forces commander named Iden Versio. She is the commander of an elite group called Inferno Squad who intends to seek revenge against the Rebellion for destroying the second Death Star. This story is followed up by the sequel called Resurrection.

Finally there is a Multiplayer mode. This an online mode where you can battle against other people or even your own friends. The creators advertised different modes that you can choose from. Here are some examples:

Blast - close quarter combat.

Starfighter Assault - intense space dogfighting.

Galactic Assault - 20 vs 20 warfare.

Those are just some of the modes you can play. However that’s not all they added.

Another new thing EA added was a new point system called Battle points. As you play 

and get kills, you gain battle points that you can use to bring in Special Forces called Reinforcements. Or if you get enough of them, you can use them call in iconic Star Wars Heroes such as Luke Skywalker or Darth Vader. It also works the same way when you play as a Starfighter in Starfighter Assault. As you dogfight in space and get kills you will earn battle points that you can use to bring in famous Hero ships such as the classic Millennium Falcon.

Compared to the last Battlefront game, Star Wars Battlefront 2 has truly improved on its graphics. The characters look more realistic and when there are explosions, they seem more life-like. The sounds are also tuned to perfection and make the game more enjoyable.

Thankfully, you can keep playing the game over and over again. Even the Campaign story mode is re-playable! However after playing the game for a while, I did get bored of it. There weren’t any new updates so I stopped playing Battlefront 2 for little bit and went to go play the previous one.

However, overall I would give this game an 8 out of 10. This game has really improved since the last version and it’s only getting better. With a recent new update on November 28th, Star Wars Battlefront 2 just might reclaim its place on the shelves! I believe it’s worth the money and I encourage people who like Star Wars or whoever is looking for an action-packed game to get it. So go out now, buy the game, and help save the galaxy!


The author's comments:

It's a review on a Star Wars game.