Forza Horizon 2 | Teen Ink

Forza Horizon 2

November 27, 2018
By Anonymous

Forza horizon 2 is the second out of the 4 Forza horizon chain but is the 7th of 12 Forza game of the franchise. The forza franchise is the most iconic , the greatest , and the most realistic f It is an xbox exclusive game. This game was published by microsoft and developed by Turn 10 Studios , Playground Games , and Sumo Digital. This game was released on september 30th 2014.  This game is also both single and multiplayer.

Forza horizon 2 is an open-world game that allows you to explore southern france and northern italy. Horizon is a fictitious festival that sponsors many races and special showcases. Showcases are very random performances that vary from racing fighter jets in a ferrari to passing 30 hot air balloons in a lancia rally car. Theres is over 200 of the worlds greatest cars. There all 50 different car brands and are all customizable.

The game's visuals are extremely detailed and almost pushes the xbox 1 to its limits. Every single piece of the game is detailed to the max. And the sounds of the vehicles are very accurate which is very rare in a realistic racing game. The game runs at 1080p and the audio system is compatible with an external surround sound system.

The controls are extremely smooth on the controller and are very responsive with only a small amount of delay when using the clutch button. The controller layout is also very well placed and assist the smoothness of the controls as well. Forza horizon 2 is compatible with a gaming wheel setup. Surprisingly , you can drive as if there was real traffic laws which is also very rare in a realistic racing game.

The game has a range of activities such as races , mini games , and car meets. And the multiplayer has online roadtrips. The races are part of championships. Every few championships , you get to do a horizon showcase. There are many championships which have there own sub-categories and those sub-categories have there own races. All championships are 4 races long and are somewhat repetitive after a bit.

Overall , I give this game a 8.5 out of 10. As astonishing as the game is , there is its few flaws. The loading screens are about a minute and a half , which is almost a quarter of a race long. Also , the games A.I. can be frustrating at times. But ignoring these flaws , these game will always be my favorite racing game of all time. I 100% recommend that you buy this game immediately. And this concludes my review of Forza Horizon 2.