Modern Family | Teen Ink

Modern Family

May 15, 2018
By MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
678 articles 0 photos 8 comments

Modern Family is a TV show about the lives of all of the members in an extended family. The show basically is split into three parts, with a third of the attention to the Dumphy family, the Prichett family, and Mitchell and Cam. The Dumphy family consists of Claire, the mom, Phil, the dad who is also a realtor, Luke, the youngest son who is on the dumber side, Hailey, who is the pretty, popular daughter, and Alex, who is a genius who completely focuses on her grades. The Prichett family consists of Jay, the dad, who also happens to be Claire and Mitchell's father but with his ex-wife, Gloria, who is Jay's new wife and Manny's father, and Manny, who is Gloria's son. Mitchell, who is Jay's son and also gay, is married to Cam.

 

The episodes in this show talk about their lives and their adventures, like adopting and having more kids, their daily lives, and what it is like to live in their modern, changing world. This show has many hidden allegories, and this adds to the show, because it gives this TV legitimate meaning and purpose. Also, the show is very realistic and relatable to essentially anyone and everyone. Perfect for the whole family, this show is great for everybody and will cause lots of laughter to erupt. 


The author's comments:

Modern Family is a realistic show that everyone can relate to.