The Flash | Teen Ink

The Flash

By CrystalShardsDiamond GOLD, Carson, California
CrystalShardsDiamond GOLD, Carson, California

"The two most important days in your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why."

-Mark Twain

Hey guys sorry it took me forever to post another article on the Flash. I am going to talk about The Flash Season 1 Episode 2.

In Episode 2 of the Flash, Joe finds out about Barry and his powers from the first episode. Though Joe doesn't approve of Barry taking down the amazing metahumans(supervillains) we have in the show, what Joe also realizes is that Barry was telling the truth when he saw the impossible that night his mother died. Now feeling the heavy pressure of guilt Joe is decidng on whether he wants Barry to take the law into his own hands. Iris on the other hand, is all for "The Streak". Yes, I know that name is just lame but this was the very beginning, you cannot expect her to just come up with a cool name just like that. How did Iris learn about "The Streak"? Iris was the first person that Barry saved, (eek. so romantic) so of course Iris was grateful but she also wrote about him on her blog. It was a good thing that she didn't put her name on it.

Barry is eager to become The Flash not only to save Central City from harm, but also to pursue the man who killed his mother. Even after 10 years Barry still wants to pursue the man in yellow. With the help of Cisco Ramone, Caitlin Snow, and Harrison Wells Barry becomes "The Flash". Cisco Ramone created the suit himself, Caitlin keeps track of Barry's vitals, and Harrison Wells is the scientist who has the secret unknown to his team. While many have the suspicion that Wells is up to no good, others haven't really noticed his smirk look, his mysterious look. He may be in a wheelchair but there is more than what meets the eye.

My favorite part, personaly, was when barry lashed out on Joe. "Joe you were the one who put him there!" "You never even thought to trust me a little!". Then Joe really had the feeling of guilt. Whether or not to go with Barry on this one was his decision. The only thing Joe told Barry was "Just don't tell Iris, ok". That sank deep in Barry's heart, he wanted to tell Iris so much and now he has to hide something to his best friend. What will Barry chose to do, tell Iris or deal with the pressure of guilt? Find out in the next review.

Hey guys, I wanted to let you know that you can comment what episode you would like me to write a review om. Just tell me the season and episode number. If you don't want to that is fine, I will just be going back to chronological order.