House This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

“House” is my favorite show because it is one of the few programs on TV that my friends and I agree on.

Gregory House is a misanthropic doctor who works at Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital in New Jersey. Years before, he suffered an infarction (blood clot) in his thigh that led to muscle death because the doctors thought he was faking the pain in order to get drugs. The dead muscle was removed, leaving House with chronic pain and an impaired ability to walk. He turns to a cane and liberal amounts of Vicodin to cope.

House is a maverick with an unconventional bedside manner and a habit of getting into trouble with his boss, Lisa Cuddy. He's always being rude to patients or doing something so ethically shifty that his own team feels the need to report him to Cuddy. His abrasive personality and lack of respect for the rules frequently pushes patients into threatening litigation.

In one episode, House pushes the envelope in his treatment of a police officer. This escapade lands him in court and his medical license and freedom are rescued only when Cuddy perjures herself to save him. House has one friend, his colleague Dr. Wilson, and he loves his mother but hates his father, who abused him when he was young.

I love watching this show with my friends because “House” never fails to present a fascinating medical mystery and just the right amount of drama. And I enjoy discussing the latest episodes with everyone from my chemistry teacher to my friends.

PinkRose said...
I love this show!

Sams said...
Feb. 24, 2011 at 10:29 am:
Everyone I know hates this show but it is a great show to me. I love the humor that HOUSE M.D. has in the show. I can never miss a show of house that's why I'm happy to have TV everywhere with DISH Network because I can watch LIVE TV no matter where I go. Working with DISH learning about TV everywhere was one of the best things I have learned. Being a big TV freak I can't miss my shows and HOUSE is my favorite show!

KarateJew said...
If this had been submitted to the "Describe the Main Character of Your Favorite TV Show" section, it would've been okay. But seeing as it's supposed to be a review, the writer fell flat. This is nothing more than a brief description of House's character. Not a review at all.

remym This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 27, 2010 at 7:01 pm :
not really intended to be a review, I just didn't know where to submit it. but I wrote a review of New Moon that is supposed to be one...would you read that please? I'm always looking for feedback.

loughnerl said...
I am a huge fan of House also. In your review you described his injury in great detail. For example, "He was a victim of a late diagnosis of an infarction, or blood clot, in his thigh, which lead to muscle death because the doctors thought he was a drug seeker." Although I love the show I did not know that that was the reason he used a cane. You also did a great job on explaining his personality. "House is a maverick with an unconventional bedside manner and a habit of gettin... (more »)

anonymousfish said...
awwww.... i LOVE house....
ur cool.

Sept. 8, 2009 at 4:57 pm :
Hey, thanks. This was a speech for my class- I got 100 on it.

anonymousfish replied...
Sept. 9, 2009 at 4:17 pm :
dude! i am soo phsyced about this coming season! (get it? phsyced? phsyco ward? nevermind... ha...ha...)

Oct. 1, 2009 at 8:34 pm :
me too! so far I loved the first episode

anonymousfish replied...
Oct. 2, 2009 at 5:50 pm :
GAAAAH! ME TOO! IT WAS AWESOME! my fav. part was when he started rappin' with that one dude...