Code Lyoko

Code Lyoko is an animated French cartoon that also plays in the U.S. It made it's very first debut in the U.S on April 18, 2004 on Cartoon Network, but was last seen on Cartoon Network in November 17th, 2007.

This is my review of Code Lyoko.

Animation- The animation seems to be highly influenced by Anime, but the character design is far from Anime. The most noticable key item of the animation in Code Lyoko is the character with overlarged foreheads. In my opinion, I beleive that I do enjoy the character design. It is unique and is nothing like we've seen before. The show is both animated in 2D and 3D animation.

Story Line- The story line is very easy to follow. Five kids are transfered to the virtual world of Lyoko in order to save Earth. There is more to the story line, but for the teens who haven't watched this show before, I don't want to spoil any of it.

Sound- The voice acting is highly tolerable. It's not the greatest, but it's better than most. The backround music is very well scored and adds to the tone of the scenario that is happening in the cartoon. The theme song is very catchy as well.

All in all, Code Lyoko is a great cartoon that should be given a chance by everyone. It's not the best, but it's not the worst.

I say Code Lyoko gets a 4/5.

It does not play on TV in the U.S no longer, but a large amount of episodes can be found on YouTube.

Aelita said...
I love, love, love Code: Lyoko!  I own most of the episodes on iuTnes!!!!  I would give the series a 10/5 stars!

distant_dreamer said...
I LOVE Code Lyoko, and I'm sad that it got canceled!!! I loved acting out all the episodes with my friends when I was young! :) 5 stars!!!

xXAnime_Vampire_girlXx said...
i loved this how so much tell they took it off i remmember the name's....Yumi,Orich,Alieta,Odd,Fraince Hopper,Sissy,xana i loved it but i watch it on Youtube sometimes

Sasukexmexlovin said...
Ok I agree, I loved the show to death and then they took it off completly. Though I have forgotten their names, (due to the fact of discontinual) but I did in fact like it mostly because of the story line and music.. And I agree the big heads were a big score in history, and unique.