The Office | Teen Ink

The Office

By lizstout BRONZE, Coral Springs, Florida
lizstout BRONZE, Coral Springs, Florida

I've heard a lot of buzz about this show, mostly the humor that comes from it. When I finally had the time to watch the seasons, I had realized that this was the funniest and most orginial show in American television. There are so many levels of humor packed into each episode, ranging from awkward to ridiculous, or cute to vulgar. Each character offers different personality types, there is a wide spectrum of personalities and humor allowing relationships between characters to grow and for the audience to have an emotional connection to the characters. For example, starting from season one when Jim begins to fall in love with Pam, the audience obsesses over the two. They begin to become attached and feel that they belong together. The Office makes a storyline throughout the seasons so that it takes until season five for the couple to get married, such as Jim confessing his love for Pam while she is still engaged to another man and Pam figuring out she has been in love with Jim the entire time. Scenes that feature Jim and Pam is what keeps the audience so attached to the show. The characters are all so diverse, and each hold a unique trait, also keeping the audience attached. The show recognizes the importance of a stong relationship between characters and the audience, making The Office as popular and successful as it is.