Heroes Reborn | Teen Ink

Heroes Reborn

November 22, 2015
By mllk17 GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
mllk17 GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
10 articles 0 photos 0 comments

 How does it feel to always have someone always following you, watching your every move? You have to constantly look over your shoulder, only to find your shadow. Everywhere you go, there are people. Who are your friends, your allies? Who are the foes, the hunters? There is no safe haven for people of your kind, the Evos - evolved humans with extraordinary abilities or powers. Heroes Reborn, a mini series continuation of the tv show, Heroes, provides an inside look on the lives of Evos.
       

June 13, 2014, in Odessa, Texas, was a time of peace between Evos and ordinary humans. However, a terrorist attack on that day violated any agreement between both species. The humans blamed the Evos for the loss of thousands of lives and the decimation of Odessa. As the scapegoat, the Evos went into hiding as people began to hunt them down and kill them in revenge for the terrorist attack. However, it’s not easy to find out who’s an Evo since they look just like every other human being. Heroes Reborn is a mini series of only 13 episodes. An evil plan has humanity relying on one hope for survival. You find yourself sure of what will happen next, but instead, something shocking changes up the entire story.
         

Noah Bennet (Jack Coleman) creates a new identity in Austin, Texas, in hopes of letting go of the past. With his memory wiped, he is able to live a normal life, that is, until a convinced conspiracy theorist stumbles into his life, warning him of danger in the future. Noah is thrown back into the wild side of life as he tries regaining his memory and uncovering the real truth of what happened on June 13, no matter the cost. Throughout the show, the audience is able to see Noah hesitantly makes his way through from his normal life back to the reality of Evos.
         

Heroes Reborn looks into the lives of Evos who are fated to have their destinies pass on the same road. The director, Tim Kring, does an amazing job clearly describing each Evos’ story and how their paths eventually intertwine. In Illinois, Tommy Clark (Robbie Kay, who is also known as Peter Pan in Once Upon A Time) is an awkward teenage boy who just wants to have a normal life, but not being able to control his power forces him and his mother to constantly move and change their identities. In Tokyo, Miko (Kiki Sukezane) uncovers a deep secret relating to a video game called "Evernow" that leads her on a journey to save her father with a sword. Carlos (Ryan Guzman, Noah of The Boy Next Door) is a normal war veteran. A tragic death of a loved one causes him to take the role of a hometown Los Angeles hero. Malina (Danika Yarosh) of Alaska was trained from youth for a destiny in which the world's future lies in her hands. Luke (Zachary Levi, Flynn Rider in Tangled and Fandral in Thor:The Dark World) has an identity crisis. With his wife, he kills Evos. A shocking discovery makes Luke rethink his actions of what is right and what is wrong. With the weight of the world on the Evos' shoulders, they must join together is humanity is to be saved.
          

Erica (Rya Kihlstedt) is head of the corporation, Renautas, and she has a vision. She plans of an utopian future where later generations won't have to experience the nasty horrors of life. In order to fulfill her plan, sacrifices must be made and help from the Evos is needed. Described as a "Steve Jobs crossed with Cruella de Vil" by Jack Coleman in a web exclusive, Erica knows what she wants and is determined to fight for what she believes in. She's willing to give up everything to accomplish her dream.
           

Each of the characters’ powers are clearly depicted through the use of special effects. An Evo controls Nature as she creates a once barren desert to a lush grassy area. The Northern Lights wow the audience with its varying green, blue, and purple colors, and an Evo controls it. Frozen butterflies fly away to their home after being thawed by a touch of an Evo’s hand. The Evo’s abilities seem realistic and believable.
          

Keeping you on the edge, Heroes Reborn's storyline and plot has you wondering who will be the victor at the end. Will the world really end? Can the heroes save the world at any cost, any stake? Relating back to the original series, Heroes, fans will be overjoyed to discover heroes appearing in the miniseries. All heroes unite to protect humanity and all they believe in. Get ready to follow our heroes’ journeys as Evos, leaving you wonder if the person you’re sitting next to is secretly an Evo.