Arrow Season 2 | Teen Ink

Arrow Season 2

By Jackie_Rojas SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
Jackie_Rojas SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware

"Break the rules. Be a fighter. Any dream is possible if you are brave enough to do it YOUR way." - A.J Lee

“My Name is Oliver Queen” the memorizing quote that the main protagonist (Stephen Amell) says at the beginning of every chapter introducing us to the Episodes.  Arrow is a TV Show that’s based on Oliver Queen’s life in starling City and his life in an Island, which he was isolated in for the last 5 years of his life, which he had to withstand the hardships of the island.

The show has a unique way of showcasing what his time was being in Lian Yu; we have Flashbacks that tell us the hardships Oliver had to endure while being in the island in-between some scenes and it still shows what’s happening in the present times. As the season progresses on we learn that in season 1 Oliver wasn’t alone in the island. He was in the island with 2 other people Yao Fei’s daughter (Shado) an ASIS Agent (Slade played by Manu Bennett) and in season 2 there was one person that survived Queen’s Gambit Sinking with Oliver.

Season 2 picked up right after season 1 leaving of with Oliver Queen leaving behind all of his vigilante identity and going back to the island he was stuck in for 5 years, after his best friend’s death Tommy Merlyn (Colin Donnell), when tommy’s own father Malcolm Merlyn (played by John Barrowman) succeed in destroying the Glades and along the way killing his own son in the massive destruction. John Diggle and Felicity Smoak (played by David Ramsey and Emily Bett Rickards.) went to the Lian Yu to bring the Arrow (Oliver) back to star city as it has fallen to a ruthless crime city.

Oliver Queen returns to starling City to help with the criminals with the help of his Arrow Team and one special allied the “canary”. Moira Queen has been put to trial for suspicion of her working with Malcolm Merlyn during the Glades destruction, but there’s something going on with her and Malcolm as we learn that he is still alive and he wants something that Moira has kept from him for a very long time. A confrontation between The Arrow and Brother Blood lead Oliver to discover that Sebastian Blood was injecting people with Mirakuru, a serum to create powerful soldiers that had strength, healing and agility power. Oliver soon discovers that something or someone had followed him from Lian Yu to Starling City, Discovering that Slade Wilson aka Deathstroke was still alive and he was the mastermind behind the Mirakuru Scheme but not only that he also wants Oliver to suffer for what he did in the island.

In order to stop Slade Wilson and the destruction of his city he will have to work with his allies and learn how to a better hero then what he was before. Overall Arrow is a show to watch if you’re into action, thriller and its action-paced and fun not to mention Superheroes! It’s a great show you will get hooked on.