The Walking Dead | Teen Ink

The Walking Dead

September 29, 2015
By BaseballDude BRONZE, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
BaseballDude BRONZE, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

 Imagine no more freedom. Imagine trying to walk out the front door of your house and having to bring a knife or a gun with you everywhere you go. Well that’s what it’s like in the show “The Walking Dead”. The Walking Dead is about a group of people who are trying to survive a zombie apocalypse, and are trying to bring the world back to normal. As crazy as that might sound, they are. The group is led by a man name Rick Grimes. Rick was once a sheriff in the city of Atlanta, and is now fighting for his life, alongside with his son Carl, and his wife Lori. But they aren’t the only ones. There is about 21 of them in the whole group including Rick, Carl, and Lori. They all met up in different parts of the show and are now working together to survive the zombie apocalypse, and to try to find a cure to save them all.
      

The Walking Dead is about more than just killing zombies. There’s diversity between other characters, there’s love involved, and lots of suspense. Those three things right there alone, are what makes The Walking Dead the most watched show on television. It keeps people on the edge of their seats because they don’t know what will happen next. In the first year The Walking Dead premiered, which was on October 12th 2010, it got 7 million views, in just the first episode. There’s never been a show or movie that got that many views in just the first episode.
      

As the show The Walking Dead went on, it just keeps getting better and better, even though some of the characters we loved were later killed, they somehow make the show more excited in each season.  Season 6 comes out next month on October 12th, and they say it’s going to be the most action packed season out of all of them. I’m really excited for it because, I feel like something really big is going to happen, and will make the show even more suspenseful.
      

My favorite season of The Walking Dead is season three. There was a lot of action and suspense in season three because, they found a prison where they could stay for a while, and hopefully build it up more and they could get resources from the prison. Also in season three a few of the main characters were killed, like Lori and Hershel. Hershel was killed in the big war that happened at the end of season three, and Lori was killed because she was having her baby and they had to do a C-section and she bled out to much and died. Season three was really the turning point of the show because they all had to escape from the prison and they were all split up for the first part of season 4, so it really changed what was happening in the show.