King of the Hill | Teen Ink

King of the Hill

By TheIronMinecrafter BRONZE, Moline, Illinois
TheIronMinecrafter BRONZE, Moline, Illinois

Never in my life have I hated a person, real or fake, this much. He loves his lawn and propane more than his own family. His son wants to be a prop comic ( that sounds awesome, by the way) but he doesn't want that. He has four good friends but he treats them like garbage. Heck, in one episode he blamed his son for “killing” his truck, even though it was a train, a flipping TRAIN! Im talking about Hank Hill, the main character from the hit show, King of the Hill.  Because of him I made a list of horrible dads.

SHOW BACKGROUND

King of the Hill has been on for 13 seasons, 1997 to 2010. Hank Hill has made several appearances in other shows. The show centers around Hank Hill, Peggy Hill, and their only son, Bobby Hill. Hank has 3 good friends: Bill Dauterive, Dale Gribble ( A.K.A. Rusty Shackleford), and Jeffrey Boomhauer (or just Boomhauer, as his friends call him). He has 1 bad neighbour named Kahn Souphanousinphone, who, in my opinion, is the best character, next to Dale and Bobby. Hank works at a propane place named Strickland Propane which is owned by Buck Strickland. Hank Really loves his propane. and his yard. The show takes place in a fictional city named Arlen, Texas.

MEMORABLE EPISODES

In my opinion, My favorite episodes are the Season 2 finale named “Propane    Boom” where the Mega-Lo Mart is destroyed in a massive propane explosion, and the season 3 premiere called “Death of a Propane Salesman”. Funny because the next favorite episode is the season 3 finale named “As Old as the Hills”.

SERIES PREMIERE

The first ever episode of the show was named “Pilot” (SE1 EP1). This episode revolved around the topic, domestic abuse. the Pilot episode is the first episode of shows. It can also be the source material. The source material is the initial video or clip or storyboard art. These are the objects that get the show approved and created. Thats how it is for shows like The Amazing World of Gumball and Adventure Time. Adventure Time’s pilot clip was aired once on Nickelodeon in 2007. Drastic changes occurred to the show after Cartoon Network Picked it up.

SERIES FINALE

The series finale of King of the Hill is “To Sirloin with Love” (SE13 EP20). It is the 259th Episode of the series. It was in 2010. I was glad to see it go. This was the year Adventure Time and Regular show popped on to the scene.

what inspired the style of the article was a Youtuber called: "TheMysteriousMrEnter". the way he starts his "Animated Atrocities" is seen in the intro. I was also inspired by Nostalgia Critic (Leauge of Super Critics' YouTube channel).