The Flash | Teen Ink

The Flash

By Spoodermanderp PLATINUM, Quezon City, Other
Spoodermanderp PLATINUM, Quezon City, Other

TV Series Review - The Flash Season Finale "Fast Enough"

"Fast Enough" is easily one of the most compelling, exhilarating and heartbreaking episode throughout the series. The characters whom you've hated (ehem) and those you've loved that were introduced in the very first episode are finally here, developed, changed throughout the season and grew a huge connection to the audience. Does it pay off? Hell yeah it does.

The episode kicks off with Harrison Wells giving Barry a chance to "save" his mom and provide him with everything that he ever wanted. With that in mind, the episode pushes forward in the first half and we see Barry's struggle with his friends and family whether this will be the right thing to do. Right off the bat, the first half of this episode was excellent full of heartfelt moments and scenes that really get to you. It felt like it was a farewell to the timeline and a farewell to the things Barry held dear throughout the season which was incredibly fitting and heart hitting especially since this is the finale. As the first half continues, it gets better and better. Characters like Eddie was really developed well and he was like the guy who felt out of place in this show and I like the fact that they addressed that therefore giving us a special connection to him, even if he was useless or out of place you felt for him and that was well done by the show, well done. Then came the the second half or the climax as it is and boy..I didn't see that coming. Unfortunately for me, I got to watch the episode a bit late than others did and seeing some articles about how it was a shocking episode was really intriguing and I was at least half tempted to read some of the reviews but luckily I did not. When you though the episode would be very much laid out already because of the build up in the first half which was brilliantly done, NOPE, it goes to another whole direction which indeed got my heart racing and got me to the edge of my seat. Just after the first half hit our hearts, this next half gripped us all the way and of course ripped our hearts as well. The climax of this episode is easily on par with Out Of Time's climax which was also one of the best episodes of the whole season. The visual effects and action were much more stunning and as I said in my previous The Flash reviews having stated that I might be worried that the visual effects might fall short as episodes progressed, I was proved wrong in this finale. As Barry goes back in time, I wasn't expecting the things that was gonna happen, I was expecting this to happen which would then result to this and this then the episode did not in fact do that and it turned into another direction in a shocking, compelling and effective way. The death that occurs in this episode was extremely heartbreaking and I was never expecting they'd do it now. In fact, that wasn't the only death that was executed well, there was another one that does heartbreak you and plays with your heart strings which was massively affected Barry and the audience. Then towards the end, after the outburst, we're treated with a crisis and tremendous outbreak which threatens the world. Sure the cliffhanger got us gripping our seats until we wait for fall, but there's no denying how stunning this episode was and the whole freshman season of The Flash. There's no denying that this episode got us exhilarated, this episode got us feeling many things, but there is always one thing that this superhero comic book show that does extremely well and consistently that other shows sometimes fail to do, this show and episode indeed has tremendous heart and fun which was crucial to how this show became so successful and loved.

With all that, I'm very excited for Season 2. A fitting and wonderful finale to the first season of The Flash and it indeed got us wanting for more.

+Excellent heartfelt moments,

+Barry's struggle to find what to do right,
+The first half of this episode was extremely done well,
+A Wonderful Farewell,
+Eddie's out of place character which was developed brilliantly,
+The second half of this episode was exhilarating and heartbreaking,
+Episode is unexpected and shocking,
+Consistent Visuals Effects and Action,
+Consistent heart and fun throughout the show.