Game of Thrones Season 5 | Teen Ink

Game of Thrones Season 5

April 13, 2015
By Spoodermanderp PLATINUM, Quezon City, Other
Spoodermanderp PLATINUM, Quezon City, Other
36 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Game of Thrones Season 5 Episode 1

The Outcome of War and the Wars to Come
*** This review may contain spoilers ***

"The Wars to Come" is indeed a massive setup for the wars and events to come in this season. A lot of characters are about to meet and a lot of stronger forces are about to compete for the throne. Yet another season arrives, and this kicks it all off.

The episode starts off with a flashback regarding Cersei eager to find out about her future and of course gets what she bargained for. It's a strong flashback that adds more depth and development to Cersei's current character in the show. The episode also instantly follows the events of the previous season and it instantly shows their outcome to the different characters throughout the kingdom. We also get to see Tyrion with Varys and their conversations together have always proved to be interesting throughout the seasons so it was entertaining to see them together again. It was also exciting that we finally get a Daenerys and Tyrion storyline crossover and it would be nice to see both of my favorite story lines to intertwine. Meanwhile at the Wall where Stannis now resides. Jon Snow is troubled as Stannis wants the help of the Wildling army to march into Winterfell and gives them a more than fair offer in return as long as Mance kneels down to him. In the end, a tense situation was brought upon Mance and audiences alike whether he would rather kneel or burn. He did not kneel and was steadfast in his decision, that was until the fire wavered upon him and Jon ended his despair with a shot of an arrow.

Meanwhile with the Daenerys storyline, a masked man had murdered one of her men and she sought out to find the culprit. Dany seem to have been having a lot of trouble since the previous season, so she ought to reclaim her authority with her dragons which she locked up for about 1 season. In a big surprise, the dragons seemed to have despised her for locking them up and are furious at her. The problems and inconveniences seem to be stacking up in Dany's part and there's bound to be more.

Let's just hope Tyrion fixes some of those problems when he arrives. The visuals were still looking classy and incredible and the dialogue and acting were still game of thrones standards

As a setup, it sure did promise a whole lot to happen in this season and I hope it to be right.

There's bound to be more deaths and shocking moments and for that I'm very excited for.

+Cersei Flashback,
+Outcome of Season 4,
+A promising setup,
+Stannis and Jon,
+Tyrion and Dany,
+Intense moments,

Verdict: 8.3/10