The Flash Season 1 | Teen Ink

The Flash Season 1

By Spoodermanderp PLATINUM, Quezon City, Other
Spoodermanderp PLATINUM, Quezon City, Other

"All Star Team Up" is fun, light hearted, and that's about it, oh and it has Felicity and Ray in it, want more? Uhm..some more tension between Barry and Wells? Throw in some more Iris and you've got an episode.

The episode opens up with well, I have to say, one of the best and awesome Flash scenes so far in the show and it was a great way to get us hyped for the upcoming events in the episode. Then, a murder caused by robotic bees came up and when it seemed like it was going to be an ordinary case for our hero, it turns out badly as the fastest man alive gets caught by the bees. Then out of nowhere, Felicity arrives with another guest appearance along with her which is of course the Atom himself to get help for his Iron Ma-, I mean Atom suit. As the Bug Eyed meta human resumes to cause trouble, the team decides to go out with dinner with Barry and wait for it........Iris!..(again). The struggle for the writers to come up for development and add depth to Iris's character is obviously seen and they now try to force her in with Barry's much more interesting life and character. There is no actual tension between Eddie and Iris and you feel like you already want them to break up already and get over it. In fact, no actual development was provided in the episode except for the tension between Barry and Harrison Wells which I thought were executed well in this episode. The whole team up thing with Felicity and Ray were downright useless and were just there to please the fans. The villain, I didn't even know her name in the episode to be honest and I didn't really care for her, she didn't bring tension or anything, she was a generic, underdeveloped and forgettable villain.

As for the plot, it kinda really felt like some generic Flash episode with guest stars thrown in. The visuals looked like The Flash standards and the action were subpar except for that opening sequence which I mentioned.

Towards the end of the episode, I'm looking forward in more episodes of the Flash that will show in great detail on how all of these main characters go head on on Harrison Wells and if anyone will be harmed for that matter.

Overall fun and light hearted, but it's still missing that Flash spark.

+Cool Opening Seqence,
+Tension between Barry and Harrison,
+The effects of said tension to Barry, -The struggle to get good development for Iris,
-Forgettable Villain,
-Generic Plot.
-Felicity and Ray just there to please the fans.

Verdict: 7.5/10