The Flash Season 1 Episode 15 Review | Teen Ink

The Flash Season 1 Episode 15 Review

March 18, 2015
By Spoodermanderp PLATINUM, Quezon City, Other
Spoodermanderp PLATINUM, Quezon City, Other
36 articles 0 photos 0 comments

TV Series Review: The Flash Season 1 Episose 15 "Out of Time"

 

Not What He Seems
*** This review may contain spoilers ***
*SPOILERS BELOW* "Out of Time" is easily one of the best episodes the show has delivered to us. The title of this review (taken from another show which hopefully some people know as well) is not enough to state and describe all the things that went down in such an entertaining and intense episode.
The episode kicks off with a flashback and we find out that the villain in the Pilot (Clyde Mardon) has a brother who also turned out to be a meta-human as well. Although this time, he seeks revenge for the person who killed his brother, and that is non other than Detective West.


At start it actually felt like it was going to be yet another generic flash episode, but boy we were actually in for A WHOLE LOT of stuff on the way. Let me start with the ONLY flaw in this episode and that happens to be none other than the forced relationship of Iris and Barry. It seems like the show doesn't know what the hell to do with them, in one episode it seems like they're moving away from each other, then in the next they come back in their normal status, then we meet Linda Park, and when all seems like it will all go smoothly, Iris just comes back to annoy and annoy and annoy. Okay we get it, Barry is never going to be out of Iris's life, but you have a boyfriend now and you should focus on him now. The show should also stop with these "coincidental" meetings of Barry and Iris because it's ANNOYING. So please, just figure out what you want to do with the 2 characters and make it final! Now that the thing I hated about this episode, let's overshadow it with the loads of excellent things that came from this episode. First of, the acting was superb coming from the whole cast and Cisco's performance was probably the best. His reaction on finding out that the man whom he trusted and considered as a father was actually not what he seemed really hits you especially when Harrison kills him. Second, TIME TRAVEL! Finally, this is what we've been waiting for, The Flash finally going back in time. Comic readers like me saw it coming, and audiences were probably shocked.


The climax in this episode was also one of the best I have ever seen in TV, so much was happening, a heart breaking scene, Iris finding out Barry is the Flash, A massive tsunami heading for the city and The Flash going back in time! Each scene had me going to the very edge of my seat and I was so intrigued with each scene that I had to hold my urine. Third, the visuals looked great especially slow motion sequences, but the visuals in the scene wherein Weather Wizard was in the morgue were kinda substandard. Speaking of Weather Wizard, he was probably an okay villain for me even though he was kind of overshadowed because of the many things that happened in the episode. And finally. this episode will do a whole lot for upcoming The Flash episodes, because it introduced time travel and finally the reveal of Reverse Flash as Eobard Thawne, who also from the comics indeed came from the future.
I'm happy to see The Flash improving their quality overtime and I'm really engaged into this show.


Hopefully, judging from this episode, they'll do a whole lot more story lines from the comics that will please us fans and audience alike even more (ehem ehem flashpoint).
-Iris and Barry forced relationship is back,
+Superb Acting (especially from Cisco),
+An excellent and gripping climax, +Reverse Flash reveal,
+TIME TRAVEL!,
+Visuals (although substandard at times),
+A game changer for the whole show.


Verdict: 9.7/10