The Walking Dead | Teen Ink

The Walking Dead

By elaina_gonzales BRONZE, Arlington, Texas
elaina_gonzales BRONZE, Arlington, Texas

The Walking Dead is a television series on AMC that shows a group of people that come together to survive after the zombie apocalypse outbreak. It follows this group on their journey to find a cure. The show gives a look into the apocalypse and how many people would react if it were to happen.

They not only deal with the terrifyingly, detailed zombies, known as walkers, but other survivors that will do anything to protect themselves from turning. It already has a huge fan-base that has a range of ages and is still growing more and more each season.

The Walking Dead is known for its gory, but greatly detailed walkers that can give you a shiver down your spine or make you jump a little inside when they make their surprise appearances. They not only have amazing actors and special effects, but a complex and intriguing story line. You become so attached to the characters that soon you will be yelling at your TV screen telling them to “not to go in there” or “you can’t trust them”. You soon become part of the show, viewing the characters as people. In that moment when your favorite character gets bitten and you know they are going to turn you can’t help but have a piece of your personal connection with that character be shattered in to a million pieces. Every episode is able to grab your attention and make you so intrigued that you don’t want to look away even from the most goriest of moments. They make you feel like you watched about five minutes of the show even though you have watched an hour. You just want to sit down and watch all the seasons in a row.

I look forward to the next show every week and right when that episode is done I start to count down the days to the next episode! This exciting thriller always has you on the edge of your seat and makes you wonder how far will they make it? Will they ever find a cure? If they do, what do they do next? I believe this show could continue for a number of seasons as long as they maintain a great story line and strong fan-base.