One Tree Hill | Teen Ink

One Tree Hill

By Avrey Dicke GOLD, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Avrey Dicke GOLD, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

“One Tree Hill” takes place in Tree Hill North Carolina, where two boys try to compete for a spot on the varsity high school basketball team. “One Tree Hill” has some parents that are living their dreams through their kids and this can cause drama within their relationship. “One Tree Hill” is one of my favorite TV shows I have watched. It is one of my favorite TV shows because it has the high school drama, tragedy, and  it has all the characters lives after high school and college.

“One Tree Hill”  starts out in high school, so there all the high school drama. Clique drama is like the drama between the different groups. There is always tension going on between the boys basketball team because of the two brothers. Nathan has always played basketball and didn’t want his brother, Lucas, to start to play basketball. The team put him through an initiation week. I would classify Nathan and his friends like jocks, so they are kind of mean to some other people. Lucas is not a jock and is friends with all the people Nathan and his friends pick on. Another thing about high school is all the relationships. Nathan ends up dating Lucas’s best friend (Haley)  since they were little. Then Lucas ends up dating two of Nathan’s exes (Payton and Brooke). You have all the drama a high school has but there is also some tragic things not all high schools have.

There are some tragic scenes that make “One Tree Hill” on of my favorite TV shows. There are some horrible break ups. A couple will break up but they should be together. It shows people all the pain of the break ups. There is also some tragedy where a suicide that happens during a shooting. A student brought a gun to school and ends up shooting himself. There is also more shootings throughout the show, which keeps it interesting. Two kidnappings take place towards the end of the seasons. Then at the end all of the questions that kept people hanging, get answered.

The last main reason this is my favorite TV show is because after high school and college they still have all the characters and I got to see who everyone ended up with or if they had kids, how many, or if  they didn’t have kids. It shows if they went to college and if they didn’t go but went to a different state to work on their career. Viewers got to see how the always stuck together and were still big parts of each other's lives. So they got to like help coach their high school classmates. It shows their relationships as adults or who they ended up with. Like Brooke ends up with Payton’s ex boyfriend after high school that she had when she went to Los Angeles to work on her career. Then Lucas and Payton, and Nathan and Haley all end up together. Brooke and her husband end up having twin boys and naming then Davis and Jude and Payton and Lucas end up having a girl and naming her Sawyer. Nathan and Haley end up having a boy and a girl and naming them James and Lydia. The thing that is a little strange is that they all named their kids after the girls last name. Brooke’s last name was Davis and she named one of her kids Davis and Payton’s last name was Sawyer and her daughter was named Sawyer. Haley’s last name was James and her son was named James. They still have part of their old selves and their high school past together.

“One Tree Hill” has the drama of relationships, tragedy, and the life after high school. One Tree Hill is one of  my favorite TV show I have ever watched. It has very interesting parts that I like. Which to me makes it very good because it always keeps me wanting to go to the next episode. “One Tree Hill” is one of my favorite TV shows because it has suspense, drama, and romance.

on Jan. 29 2015 at 3:49 am
Ray--yo PLATINUM, Kathmandu, Other

God Makes No Mistakes. (Gaga?)
"I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right." -Liesel Meminger via Markus Zusac, "The Book Thief"

The show is absolutely incredible, I personally could relate to almost every (wonderfully portrayed) character. I wish your review did not have those repititions though. And shouldn't the name be spelt Peyton?