American Horror Story | Teen Ink

American Horror Story

By drosenthal BRONZE, Coconut Creek, Florida
drosenthal BRONZE, Coconut Creek, Florida

Ever wondered what its like inside of a haunted house, an asylum, a witch coven,or  a freakshow? Well, now you can thanks to American Horror Story. Wait, wait, wait, I promise this will not be scary. Don’t leave just because it says horror. Its not scary, just relax and I promise you will want to know more about it.

Many people believe that American Horror Story is scary but its really not. It’s full of clues to new seasons and characters and very interesting. The music pulls you into the show as you get to watch what’s happening. They give you characters you can relate to and feel bad for. American Horror Story or AHS for short is not about scaring people but entertaining them. AHS is full of history, story, mystery, and according to the people who don’t watch it, horror.

Every season has a different theme played by the same actors, how cool is that? They all play different characters so you can see all the different sides to their acting. You may fall in love with a character and then hate them or vice versa. AHS has such a large fan base for a reason, the story. They do not show classic stories in these shows like in The Haunted House season its not your average Haunted House, its different. AHS is full of wonders and characters that you should definitely watch.

AHS can really get you excited and you never want to put it down. They always leave you with cliffhangers, but not the teasing ones. For instance, in the most recent season they have a clown named Twisty. He is a nice clown who cares for children but hurts others in order to do it because he doesn’t know better. Well, in episode 3 I believe Twisty is hiding outside of a girls house and takes her brother then the show ends and you don’t know where the brother is. That’s when the talk starts, you find a website and people start listing theories and possibilities, its amazing! As I said before AHS has a huge fan base and is a great topic to discuss. It may be scary to some people but its worth it for the story.

American Horror Story is definitely worth watching for many reasons. You have a great story, amazing actors who portray even better characters, and many others. If you are ever looking for a show I suggest AHS because once you start watching it you can’t stop and its all you want to talk about. This is a great show and I really suggest you try it. One more thing that is cool about the show is that apparently all the seasons connect, I don’t know how but watching it should tell me soon. See you on the American Horror Story theory threads!

French_Gold SILVER, Waynesville, Georgia

There's plenty of sense in nonsense, if you wish to look for it.
-Cassandra Clare

I saw the commercials for AHS, and I'd seen the previous series like Coven and all. So I practically said, "No way. Never watching that." But you've got me hooked. It sounds interesting, and I'll try catching it sometime.