Doctor Who | Teen Ink

Doctor Who

By TheGenesisWriter SILVER, Hemet, California
TheGenesisWriter SILVER, Hemet, California

"Be not afraid of greatness; some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them." -William Shakespeare

I started watching Doctor Who just because I couldn’t find anything else but as I continued to watch more and more I fell in love with it and have a deep appreciation for it. It is about a man, who is actually an alien, travels around time and space with varying companions  through his ship the TARDIS that is disguised as a blue public call box.

Now onto why this show is absolutely amazing. Reason number one is the Doctor solves his problems through cunning and tactics rather than brute forces or destroying everything in his path. The creators did not give him a gun or a head filled with rage but two hearts and screwdriver. Reason two is his companions and how he treats them. He has travelled with people of different races, genders, backgrounds and sexual orientations but loves and treats them all the same. He cares for them a lot more than he cares for himself and always does his very best to keep the safe. Reason three is the story amazing story that never ends. It is amazing to watch all the people he meets and all the worlds he goes  too. You get to go on adventures all over the universe with an amazing man that does his best to fix everything so what is their not to love?

Furthermore Doctor Who is a brilliant science fiction show that give you all the action, humor or heart-string pulling emotion you could ever want from a TV show. The actors are all very good and professional and the scripts tend to be written very well but the story can sometimes be confusing and flat out strange. Lastly don’t get overly attached to any character because out of personal experience its just not a good idea.