Naruto | Teen Ink

Naruto

By Yogagasofat SILVER, Kerakala, Other
Yogagasofat SILVER, Kerakala, Other

Naruto, a work by Masashi Kishimoto is a manga (Japanese comic), which has been running for fifteen years has finally come to a decisive conclusion with the 700th chapter. The manga which is serialized in the Weekly Sh?nen Jump, has finally ended after bringing possibly a million and a thousand more readers into the world of the Japanese manga.

Naruto, is a manga believed to be one of the greatest three manga in the generation, sometimes dubbed as the ‘big three’, alongside Bleach and One Piece. The manga not only introduced many westerners, Europeans and others to the world of manga, like myself, but also brought the world of Japanese anime to its full peak.
Naruto, is a story of a boy orphaned since birth and thought to be a monster by the rest of the villagers because a monster that had attacked the village, the demon fox was sealed within him. The manga revolves around how the main character Uzumaki Naruto, who tries to get himself acknowledged by the rest of the world, by proving that he is not a monster and by trying to achieve the title of the greatest ninja in possibly the greatest village. The Hokage.

Thus, Masashi Kishimoto has us readers, following through the courses of challenges that the boy ninja must face to reach his long-awaited goal. After graduating from the Ninja Academy he is teamed up with the best rookie ninja Uchiha Sasuke and his crush Haruno Sakura under the supervision of one of the best ninja in the village, Hatake Kakashi. Naruto then goes on missions learning more about himself and his mysterious past while the whole world slowly plunges into an impending war. He also finds a secondary goal which he must accomplish along the way, that is to bring back his friend Sasuke, who went rogue, to the light from the darkness he had fallen into.

As the manga story progress, Masahi Kishimoto focuses on the important bond of friends and comrades and the importance of peace in the world. It’s a story which brings together many different elements of despair, joy and love. In the end conclusion we find that Naruto has become not only the hero of the village, but also the hero of the whole world by saving everyone in the final battle to determine the fate of the world. And finally he managed to bring sense to his friend Sasuke, who was intent on killing Naruto to start the world anew in the way he sees is best and peaceful.

What probably brought a tear and a smile to the readers is that Naruto, finally was acknowledged by his village and the whole world, taking the title of the leader of the village. Naruto achieved his dream while not straying away from his ‘Ninja Way’ which he claims is that ‘he never goes back on his words’. He was true to his words as like he said, he became the leader of the village. The Seventh Hokage, Uzumaki Naruto.

Almost all fans of Naruto, might have mixed emotions of happiness and sadness when it came to a final conclusion. But what they could not deny was that Naruto would be a legend and that it was a well told story. Hats off to you, Masashi Kishimoto. You managed to pull me into the world of manga along with the rest and even managed to make me enjoy it. I am sure other fans are feeling the same way as I am, right now.

To the fans of Naruto, do not be disappointed yet. This is probably not the end and the last time we will hear of Naruto. The manga’s anime adaptation, going by the same name and later as Naruto: Shippuden is still continuing and is a good few episodes away from the inevitable end. And we will also get to see a little bit older Naruto in action in, The Last: Naruto the Movie, which is to be released on December 6, this year. This is the first installment of Naruto's New Era Opening Project, which promise us to bring more of Naruto in many different ways. Possibly the hottest rumors flying around is that we would see the next generation of Naruto, the children of Naruto and his dearest friends, in a manga mini-series sequel to the original Naruto, in Spring of year 2015.