Psych | Teen Ink

Psych

November 6, 2014
By Anna Kazanchev BRONZE, Olympia, Washington
Anna Kazanchev BRONZE, Olympia, Washington
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

How can a fake psychic keep up his life lying to everyone? In the TV show, Psych, you’ll experience the life of a fake psychic along with some crime, action, and comedy guided by the producer; Steve Franks. You might not enjoy crime, but it’s not always about the guns and violence, you’ll find a way to make this show entertaining and your “everyday watch” after school or work.

The TV show Psych stars James Roday as “psychic” Shawn Spencer, Dule Hill as Shawn’s best friend and partner; Burton (Gus) Guster, Timothy Omundson as Detective Carlton (Lassie) Lassiter, Maggie Lawson as Detective Juliet (Jules) O’hara, Corbin Bernsen as Shawn’s father; Henry Spencer, Kristen Nelson as Chief Vick, and the reoccurring cast Sage Brocklebank as Officer McNab and Kurt Fuller as Woody the Coroner. With 8 seasons, the TV show guides you to a whole new world full of action and comedy about a young crime consultant (Shawn Spencer) for the Santa Barbra Police Department who has “observational skills” and impressive detective instincts that allow him to convince people that he solves cases with psychic abilities.

With 8.4 out of 10 stars, the show overall got 5 wins and 31 nominations. Awards such as two Emmys, one Independent Investigation Group and two Best Cable TV Comedies. Some actors/actresses got their own awards for their good acting skills on the show.

The top ten shows I recommend are Tuesday the 17, Murder..Anyone..Anyone.. Bueller, Indiana Shawn and the Temple of the Kinda Crappy, Rusty Old Dagger, Romeo and Juliet and Juliet, Shawn and Gus Truck Things Up, 1967 A Psych Odyssey, The Break-Up, Office Space,  Rob A Bye Baby, and Hashtag Killer.

I give the show 9 out of 10 stars. The show has a good and clear plot with laughs now and there. However there is some inappropriate content. Overall, best comedy and crime TV show I ever watched and will always be my everyday watch