House of Payne | Teen Ink

House of Payne

Have you ever felt like your family was the most dysfunctional family ever? Well think again because Tyler Perry’s House of Payne is going to change all that once you read this review and then see it for yourself.
“Tyler Perry’s House of Payne” is a new comedy series about a multigenerational, working class family who experiences all of life’s struggles with faith, love, and most importantly humor. Pops the uncle and head of the house hold, has his life and house turned up side down when an unexpected event forces his nephew CJ, (Allen Payne) and his kid to move into the house hold, putting three generations under one roof. This sitcom views on Wednesday at 9:00pm-9:30pm on TBS. “Tyler Perry’s House of Payne” is a hilarious, laugh out loud family comedy because of the characters, the plot, and the acting.
Two of my favorite characters that might interest you are Jazmine Payne (China Anne McClain) and Curtis Payne “Pops” (Lavan Davis). Jazmine plays the sweet and innocent roll and can never keep a secret when it is about her brother Malik (larramie Shaw). One time on an episode jasmine didn’t know how to do her HW: so she asked her brother for some help. He told her that once he gave her the answers to the problems that she should the next day before the test write the answers on her hand and when she would struggle she could look off her hand for the answer. Well she did what he told her and at the same time got caught. Her dad couldn’t understand why she would do such a thing. Jazmine told her father what Malik told her to do and Malik got in a lot of trouble. The other character is Curtis who is known as “Pops”. He is always cranky and is reluctant to keep his house disordered and want’s it peaceful.
The Plot of the sitcom is even better. The things the family goes through are real life situations. For ex: In an episode Malik is pressured from his friends to do drugs, and the family goes through trying to tell him about how it’s bad for him and how his mom is addicted to drugs and how it’s hurting her. In one other episode at the firehouse the firefighters are recruiting a new member. So the firefighters are planning on pranking him (the new member) but what they failed to realize is the new member is not a man it’s a women.
Another great thing about this sitcom is the acting, it’s incredible! The characters are really believable because of the decisions the family has to make, such as CJ and his kids having to move in with his aunt and uncle. The roles that the family plays are fun to watch. Pops being one and the man of the house hold. Ella (Cassi Davis) The wife of Curtis “Pops” and the Christian women of the house hold who is always trying to make everyone happy and keep the peace. Malik the one trying to fit in at school but making bad decisions at the same time. CJ the now single parent trying to get over the fact that his ex wife is an addict. Calvin Payne (Lance Gross), Curtis and Ella’s son who is a college kid with no money and hangs out at home when he has his own apartment that his dad is paying rent for every month.
The characters, the plot, and the acting are what make “Tyler Perry’s House of Payne” a hilarious, laugh out loud family comedy. So on Wednesday at 9:00pm-9:30pm sit your family down for family night and watch an episode or two of “Tyler Perry’s House of Payne” for a night of fun, laughter and love with one another.