Pretty Little Liars | Teen Ink

Pretty Little Liars

By Alice_in_Wonderland GOLD, San Clemente, California
Alice_in_Wonderland GOLD, San Clemente, California

“I could give up, I could stay stuck, or I could move on, So I put one foot front of the other, No no no nothing’s gonna break my stride, “ –David Archuleta (The Other Side of Down)

“Three can keep a secret if one of them is dead” Pretty Little Liars was originally a book series written by Sara Shepard and became so popular that it became a television show on ABC family in 2010. Pretty Little Liars is about how four best friends, Emily (Shay Mitchell), Spencer (Troian Bellisario), Aria (Lucy Hale), and Hanna (Ashley Benson), deal with the disappearance and death of their best friend Alison, who dies at the age of 15. All throughout the series, the four girls try to uncover the truth about Alison’s death while encountering some unfortunate events and social mishaps including being interrogated by the police, being spied on, relationship struggles, and getting strange but, clever messages and notes from someone who calls themself ” A”. The question is, who killed Alison and who is this mysterious “A”?

During the season one finale, it is revealed that Spencer’s sister’s husband Ian killed Alison but, the girls still are unsure of who “A” is and what they want from them aside from the fact that they saved Spencer and killed Ian, which may imply that they are one of the good guys. I think this serious is really fascinating and I watch it because I love the mystery and drama that goes on throughout these four girls lives’ and it is interesting to see how they handle themselves in certain situations and how they deal with pressure. Not only am I wondering what was going through Ian’s mind when he killed Alison and why but, I also want to know who “A” is and what their intentions are, whether good or bad. In addition, the type of friendship that the four girls had with Alison is very unique. Also, the fact that their different personalities don’t clash and they are able to relate to each other, even after the one person that they cared about and came together through, is gone is very inspiring. The complex plot of Pretty Liars is what makes each episode so enticing and keeps me interested in the show.

The actors and actresses also do an excellent job of portraying their characters’ emotions and making their behavior and words seem real, almost as if the actors felt even a little bit of the emotion and intensity that their characters feel when in a difficult situation. In other words, it doesn’t feel like this was all written and planned out ahead of time, even though it completely was, it feels like some of the things that happen in the episodes could actually happen to someone or have happened to someone. Maybe not the messages from “A”, which, in my opinion, is one of the most unrealistic and also one of the most fascination parts of the show. I also love learning more about the tension between Spencer and her sister Melissa and I hope they can get a better understanding of each other and grow closer to each other as time goes on. So many other things contribute to making Pretty Little Liars a good show, as well, and this is only the beginning. The Season two premiere of Pretty Little Liars is on June 14, 2011 and you can watch the first five episodes of season one in full and many clips, sneak peaks and featurettes from the first season on abcfamily.com and other sites such as Hulu and the entire first season is available on itunes. Want to know why everyone is talking about Pretty Little Liars? Watch the show and find out for yourself. I highly recommend the show to any teenage girl who likes mystery and drama.

Pretty Little Liars is one of my favorite shows and I plan on reading the books soon! I hope you enjoy my review and I would love to hear your opinion in the comments. Thanks fir reading my article.

on Oct. 19 2011 at 11:38 pm

oh and I forgot to type this in my other comment but anyway, don't forget to watch the new season in January!

on Oct. 19 2011 at 11:35 pm

Hey Pretty Little Liars fans!!! Who saw the new Special Halloween episode tonight? Wasn't it awesome? What did you think was the best part? :D

on Jul. 19 2011 at 3:51 am
sunshine04 BRONZE, Vindhyanagar, Other
i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee preety liars cool review

on Jul. 18 2011 at 7:37 pm

Thank you sooo much! I am glad you like my review and I will definitely read some of your articles!! :D

on Jul. 18 2011 at 4:27 pm
Angie.Hudak GOLD, Doylestown, Pennsylvania

"Hope for the best, expect the worst."
"One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." -Bob Marley

I love that show! :D great review, totally how I feel about the show too! If you get the chance, look at some of my writing. I'd love to hear some comments from a great writer like you! :]

on Jul. 3 2011 at 11:19 pm

Yeah, I definitely will read it and comment! Just let me know when it gets approved on the website!

on Jul. 3 2011 at 10:15 pm
prettylittlewriter BRONZE, Villa Park, California

These violent delights have violent ends.

Sure. :) i submitted some work so it is gets published please read it and gimme ur feedback

on Jul. 3 2011 at 7:48 pm

Thanks! :)

on Jul. 2 2011 at 10:29 pm

Your welcome! You would make a great journalist!

on Jul. 2 2011 at 8:44 pm

Yeah, I love the show too! Thanks! I am glad you like my review! :)

on Jul. 2 2011 at 6:46 pm

I AM OBBBSSSSEESSSEEDD WITH THIS SHOW! You can probably tell by my username! haha. good review