Jersey Shore | Teen Ink

Jersey Shore

By Marcus Arnold SILVER, Thornton, Colorado
Marcus Arnold SILVER, Thornton, Colorado

Have you happened to watch the new reality TV hit show Jersey Shore? Well if you haven’t you should really catch a glimpse of this hit show. This show is just something else; it will have you on the edge of your seat the whole show. This show is about 8 people but most of the time 7 with one girl coming and going because she can’t take all the drama. These 7 people are picked to live together in a house as they work a job, go clubbing, and make memories. This show first aired in 2009 and was not highly anticipated due to its low budget and being a brand new reality show. In season one the cast was Jersey Beach and due to the high rating and the amount of money they made, they relocated to Miami Beach. This show today is so popular that in season two it was the highest rated series in MTV history. Now with season three right around the corner it is more anticipated then both seasons combined.

Some people may have a view on this show that is simple-minded and idiotic but I don’t even come close to agreeing. Yes, the show has absolutely no meaning and teaching practically nothing but the entertainment and stupidity is what captivates you in. The cast of Jersey Shore is what makes this show without out these characters and the personalities they portray I don’t think in any bright mind the show would be where it is today. This show has become to be a trend setter for many people but most for the teen age culture. The show itself has to be nothing short of an enterprise of money. From the TV show, to the characters and all the bits and pieces they have put together to make this show what it is today. This show not only has attracted me and 90 percent of my friends it is in the main stream of the media. From people calling this show dumb, mind numbing and to some people eyes that the show is racist due to the term “Guido” being used in the wrong way. People just need to get over it and accept the show for what it is because their opinion is going to do absolutely nothing at this point.

I have had many favorite episodes but one just sticks out the most then the others. Now, what could be better then two girls fighting in high heels, fake tans and pulling each others hair. When Jwoww and Sammi got in that fight I don’t think I was ever compelled into a show so much it was like making the game winning basket. I was at the tip of my seat the whole show. Then to Mike with his cocky attitude and his love for women he has to be nothing short of a tool. Then Snooki with her short self just doing what ever she feels like and her little bothersome cry.

I can easily say that this show is nothing short of perfection and that season three is more anticipated then any other season yet!

on Jan. 6 2012 at 12:21 pm
THANKS DUDE !!!!

on Jan. 6 2012 at 12:20 pm
BryceBruce SILVER, Thornton, Colorado

"Someone told me that going to the NBA is one in a million...I said "im going to be that one in a million."
-Kobe Bryant

The best writing I have seen in a while. Great job Marcus! I will be checking with your other work. Keep it up!