Eastbound and Down | Teen Ink

Eastbound and Down

October 14, 2010
By nrobman BRONZE, City, Minnesota
nrobman BRONZE, City, Minnesota
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“I play real sports….not trying to be the best at exercising”

-Kenny Powers

Kenny Powers is the main character in this hilarious new show on HBO and this is just one of the many hilarious quotes he has. This show is about a former major leaguer who has hit rock bottom and is back in his old town teaching gym class at the high school he went to. Kenny is unhappy with his life and takes a lit of his anger out on others. This show is a hilarious and great show that keeps you entertained the whole time.

Once Kenny gets back into town he goes right back for his old girlfriend, who is marrying his new boss, the school principal. Kenny wants nothing more to get back on top, but it will take a little more than hard work and steroids for him to get back to major league form. There is a great scene which shows Kenny’s inability to teach gym class, but the principals love for the former great pitcher when Kenny is teaching his class. The principal is going around observing teachers when he goes to the gym to see the kids dressed in catchers gear and fighting each other with bats. Kenny stops and eventually gets him to leave without seeing what is going on, because the principal and others still admire Kenny. This show is hilarious, but is not appropriate for kids under the age of 16. This show will keep you laughing all night and into the morning.

The author's comments:
Great show