Ugly Betty | Teen Ink

Ugly Betty

By Katie R PLATINUM, Fort Plain, New York
Katie R PLATINUM, Fort Plain, New York

Dear "Ugly Betty,"

We have so much enjoyed watching how you have grown up in the world of fashion. We've watched you go from fashion don'ts, such as your iconic, unfashionable poncho, to fashion do's, such as your new, fashionable glasses. From braces to sparkling, clear chompers; from Geo to Daniel, we've seen it all. But, it's now time to say a sad goodbye to you because ABC has decided to cancel you after four glorious years of making us cry, making us laugh, and surprising us at every which corner. With your wonderful story lines and your amazingly talented actors, we will miss you dearly. We can't wait to spend our days watching your reruns over and over again so we can relive all of your fabulous and unfabulous moments. From a wannabe journalist working at Mode to a girl getting her dream job in London, you have come a very long way, Betty. We don't know what we would do without you. You have always been there for our dateless nights, and we're better for watching you, your family, and your co-workers grow over the years. Justin has gone from being just a kid to finding out who he really is in life, Hilda finally married the man of her dreams, and, well, Pappi is still Pappi. Amanda has gone from desinger wannabe to an actual designer, Mark is still trying to navigate his love life, Daniel finally found out about his brother that Clair never told him about, and Wilhelmina has finally taken over Mode. Wow! Has your world change over the course of just four years! With your wonderfully, unique blend of comedy and unexpected drama, we wish that you could stay on the air for a few more seasons, but, sadly, all good things must come to an end. So, once again, goodbye, "Ugly Betty." We will be looking for your renruns as long as there are reruns.

Signed,
We'll Miss You "Ugly Betty"