iCarly This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

A week ago, I went to visit my young cousins. The oldest is ten and her sister is five. I found them in front of a T.V. watching iCarly. I sat down and watched it with them, since I also enjoy the show. As it continued on, I began to question whether I should be allowing the five year old to be viewing this.

One episode was called “iCarly Awards”. The main problem I found in this episode was that Carly’s brother, Spencer, is making iCarly awards. He needs help to make them so naturally he calls European swimsuit models. All the men are only dressed in very small bathing suits. This content cannot be considered “TV/G” which is the rating the show was given. Other episodes show a boy who never wears a shirt, a floating bra, language that younger kids should not be learning, and several kissing scenes. I would not recommend this show to kids under twelve years old.

4evameme said...
Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:05 pm:
like that was a number one comedy and now im sad its gone but i still always love them especially SAM :)

Alice-Love said...
Jun. 30, 2012 at 5:59 pm:
I dont really like this show either. People keep complaining that its a teen show and kids arent supposed to be watching it. Im 13 and im not allowed to be watching it. Sam is very mean and it tells people that its ok to be like this. also i remember in the first episode they were talking about their teachers breast. I dont think its even for teens cuz wether theyre teaching children to be mean and snobby or teens to be mean or snobby its not right.

Football78 said...
Oct. 21, 2011 at 9:41 am:
i really don't like to watch icarly anymore, but i did when i was littler.

LazyDaisyLovesYou said...
yeah that's a good point...it should really only be on TeenNick.

sunnyhunny This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 9, 2010 at 1:08 pm:
I don't think that 6 year olds should be watching it, but it isn't terrible.  my 10 year old sister watches this show and I think it's okay.  This is a very funny show, btw.

ZadaRox101 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I completely agree, for teens it's ok, but teens are not the majority watching. Kids are. But Gibby, I don't have problem with him. He's just goofy.

Rosey_Angel replied...
Apr. 16, 2010 at 12:10 am :
I don't really see major issues with it because in this generation that's normal. Most shows have content that would seem unappropriate for younger children to younger children.

ZadaRox101 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 16, 2010 at 3:23 pm :
I'm not quite sure what you mean by the last part, but the first part is what I'm talking about. Ten or fifteen years ago it was appropriate for five or six year olds to be watching shows like handy manny, now we've got five or six year olds telling other kids that age they're babies if they watch it. That's wrong. Disney and Teen Nick shows (for the most part, Phineas and Ferb and stuff like that are exeptions) are for at least Jr. High kids and older. Now you're looked at weird when you say yo... (more »)

Rosey_Angel replied...
Apr. 16, 2010 at 5:32 pm :
I agree and some children shows are teaching younger children stuff they shoudn't, like Lilo and Stitch. Pleakley and Jumba act like a gay couple, which isn't wrong, I just wouldn't want my five year old sister to watch that. And Stich is in love with his cousin, his cousin. I really woudn't want my five yr. old sister to learn that.

RebeccaD This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 18, 2010 at 12:33 pm :
That's exactly what I'm talking about !

dreamgirl01 said...
Apr. 6, 2010 at 8:54 am:
yes sometimes i watch it and it has bad like when carly kisses the boy. she be kissing wild so i hate it

May 8, 2010 at 4:19 pm :
Though you think it's funny, it's not appropriate for kids under 12.

ZAVERY said...
The shirtless boy... you mean Gibby? Yeah, you're right. There are several bad scenes in the show. Well, not always. Yes, they should rate it PG, but only to a few episodes that contains such content.

Apr. 5, 2010 at 8:35 pm :
Yes, Gibby. And yes, I know only a some episodes contain such content but it seems to becoming more frequent and I think some parents don't know what they let their kids watch.

ZAVERY replied...
Apr. 6, 2010 at 3:57 pm :
Yeah, you're right. At the same time, I just love the show iCarly! It's just hilarious! Then again, my 6 year old sister always sits next to me and watches, so I just turn the T.V off. :(

Apr. 18, 2010 at 12:34 pm :
Don't get me wrong, I love the show too! 

ZAVERY replied...
Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:12 pm :
Yeah, same here. It's hilarious! I just wish they could change it abit so it was more appropriate. :)

Apr. 20, 2010 at 7:07 pm :
or make it on later so its more okay (gmr?) for teenagers, specifically 15 year olds :), to watch like drake and josh and Zoey 101 were.