Tribes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

You know the time between school and dinner, (the time when reruns of the "Brady Bunch" are on and they look a lot better than that essay on the Civil War); well, due to the high technology of remote control, I was flipping channels and came across a new concept in teenage entertainment (the ultimate what-is-this-world-coming-to television shows): a teenage soap opera!

The show is called "Tribes" and it is broadcast at 5: 30 on Fox 25. It portrays teenagers in what appears to be a suburban high school and the problems that teenagers supposedly encounter, not very successfully.

None of it is believable. All of the characters are somewhat good-looking and don't have acne. They just whine about serious problems, like divorce and teenage pregnancy. They don't really tackle their problems like you or I probably would. If you've had a bad day, I'd recommend this soap opera for a good laugh.

Here's the biggest laugh of all, just like day-time dramas, they have a cliff hanger on Fridays!!n