The Family Guy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Unknown
   Last Sunday I was genuinely excited at the thought of watching a TVshow on Fox. Most might think I mean the comedy "TheSimpsons." Although that is usually true, this particular SundayI was itching to see Fox's newest show, "The FamilyGuy."

I think "The Family Guy" will be the next hit comedy. Setin Rhode Island, it depicts a family not too different from thebeloved Simpsons. There are, however, a couple of interesting twists.Both the family dog and baby can talk. The dog serves as an advisor,while Baby Stewie is driven by the idea of world domination. Peter,the father, is similar to Homer Simpson in his blundering ways andthe mother, Lois, resembles the nurturing Marge. The two kids, a boyand girl, don't resemble the Simpson kids, which adds diversity whileminimizing the chance of a lawsuit.

"The Family Guy" targets a slightly older audience than"The Simpsons." The language is not vulgar, just moremature. The story lines and random flashbacks leave you in tears oflaughter.

All in all, I believe "The Family Guy" is here to stay. Itswitty humor and attacks on popular culture are guaranteed to ticklefunny bones. I highly recommend you tune into Fox next Sunday at 8:30for comedy's newest star.

DifferentTeenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 17, 2010 at 9:13 am:
Aside from all the times you wrote two words next to each other without a space in between, I liked it. But I want to know when you wrote this because its actually called "Family Guy" not The Family Guy and you said that it was a new comedy now its not so new.

astleye said...
Oct. 16, 2009 at 6:39 am:
The story is wrritenwell, but you could have used more descriptive words. It seems to me you were huring this up and just trying to say something about it. I watch Family Guy and i do agree with how you say about the dog, but you could have said some more.

bballfan22 said...
FamilyGuy is the best t.v. show by far I think. Stewie is the best kid on their. I LOVE IT. Family Guy rocks al the way.

hunter C. said...
Jun. 15, 2009 at 2:12 am:
"can i get fries with that"

stewie09 said...
Feb. 27, 2009 at 3:29 pm:
FAMILY GUY IS HI-LARIOUS!!!
i love it, i love stewie