Heroes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Every new TV season some viewers are overwhelmed and cannot decide which show to watch. This year, for those who have discovered NBC’s “Heroes,” the search is over. NBC has introduced a sci-fi show to mainstream prime time, and despite some skepticism, this experiment appears to be working. Even once-hesitant viewers now anxiously await each episode. For more enthusiastic fans, there are even online comic books and character blogs about the show.

For those who have not yet recognized the greatness of “Heroes,” the premise is simple, yet leaves the viewer with plenty of questions to keep interest. An Indian professor and his son have been studying human evolution and believe that humans may be on the verge of an incredible evolutionary step toward reading minds, spontaneously healing, and even flying. With this premise, the viewer is introduced to the heroes: a cheerleader who cannot be injured, a Japanese man who can stop time, two New York men who can fly, a police officer who can read minds, a single mother whose two personalities exist as separate beings, and an artist who can paint the future. Then there’s the Texas businessman who wants to find the heroes for his own reasons. Something is pulling them together, forcing them to find and help each other. Every episode promises new surprises and the endings leave the viewer wanting more.

If there is only one show that you make a part of your weekly TV viewing, be sure that it is “Heroes” and you will not be disappointed.

shrima said...
Feb. 7, 2010 at 11:19 am:
This was a great show until recently. Now, there are too many characters and story lines to keep track of

booklover said...
Mar. 20, 2009 at 8:09 pm:
I am soooooooooooo glad that you wrote a review about the show.