Gilmore Girls This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

“Gilmore Girls,” now in its seventh (and final) season, is an amazing television show that follows the lives of the mother/daughter team of Lorelai and Rory Gilmore. Lorelai is an energetic, opinionated woman born to wealthy parents, neither of whom lack energy or opinions themselves. Lorelai got pregnant with Rory at the age of 16 and decided to move out of Hartford, Connecticut, to seek refuge in a small town nearby. At age 32 at the start of season one, Lorelai is doing well as the manager of the Independence Inn. She and Rory have a spectacularly close relationship and share everything.

Lauren Graham (Lorelai) and Alexis Bledel (Rory) each do an excellent job portraying their roles in this dramatic comedy. They act alongside a fabulous cast of quirky characters who make you envy their small-town life. Scriptwriter Amy Sherman-Palladino uses amazingly quick and often subtle humor to make the dialogue fast-paced, laugh-out loud funny, and a must-see for all.

“Gilmore Girls” is a hilariously joyful show, and if you’ve missed it, you can catch up by renting or buying past seasons. A plus to renting is that you can watch the special features which include interviews with the cast and crew, bloopers, commentary, and more.

I usually watch “Gilmore Girls” with my entire family - yes, even my dad. It’s our tradition and even though I’m often jealous that my mom isn’t more like Lorelai, watching “Gilmore Girls” has definitely brought us closer. It’s our little thing and that’s why I’m thankful for it. Maybe your family will like it, too. Give it a try.

girlwiththeboyshorthair said...
Jul. 19, 2012 at 1:01 am:
LOVELOVELOOOOOOOOOVE  THIS SHOW

blogergirl21 said...
Mar. 1, 2012 at 12:19 pm:
This is the best show ever It showld be number one. Great writing to

dmoskowitz said...
I watched this show growing up! Rory is the type of girl I always tried to be! I'm so glad people didn't forget this show cause it's so good like this article says.

j.p.loft replied...
Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:30 pm :
Me too! I always wanted to try to be like her!

Bridgeyy said...
i have watched this show since it started and its amazing. Rory  and Loreali have the kind of relationship every kid wants with their parents. Especially girls. to be able to be so open and honest.  

stellabella21 said...
Mar. 27, 2011 at 6:56 pm:
I loved this show! wish it was still on!

Medina D. said...
Mar. 23, 2011 at 3:04 pm:

the show was great

i used to watch it everyday............then i finished watching all the episodes and i moved on to another show.

Your review is excellent and so, very true

l.iney said...
Mar. 19, 2011 at 3:21 pm:
I agree completely this show is amazing and its true seeing their life makes you envy it so much. I have always wanted to live in their life just for a day.

Harrypotter202abc This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

A love this show!!

I love all the references and borrow a lot of my material this show.

I wish it wasn't over :( 

happy4this>> said...
I love this show it seems soo real to me and great review!

postdog565 said...
Oct. 26, 2010 at 9:16 am:
My sister always watched this show and ive never watched it is it like really good?

Lilies said...
This is my favorite show.It just seems so...real.I never get tired of hearing them talk.

SimplyBia said...
Gilmore Girls movie ftw!!!!

Addicted_To_Adam said...
Jul. 30, 2010 at 9:12 pm:
I was in love with this show (and I guess I still am) up until about 25 minutes ago. I was watching the second to last episode and Rory said no to Logan and I started crying!!! I really loved Logan and would have said yes without a doubt! Sigh... I now hate Rory for making that mistake and breaking Logan's heart!!!!!

SecrecyGirl15 replied...
Mar. 7, 2012 at 2:21 pm :
I disagree. She made a dicision that was best for herself. Yes it sucked i agree but she did what she had to do... if she wasnt ready to get marrie than that's just how it is, if logan didn't want to wait then its his loss... she probobly felt he did it out of the blue in a hurry and not well thought through.. i love this show and own all 7 season on dvd... i think sayin gyou hate her just because she didn't marry logan right then and there is a bit hasty.

trblue said...
May 29, 2010 at 9:18 pm:
have anyone seen parent hood?

Shels44 said...
May 13, 2010 at 5:14 pm:
love this show me and my sisters are addicted i have seen each episode like 6 times:]

AussieDreamGirl said...
I love the Gilmore Girls, it's a great show. And you've written a very wonderful and intriguing piece, well done.

trblue replied...
Jan. 31, 2010 at 11:12 am :
your so right. why, why. did it have to leave i want it to come back.

cass.zero said...
This was an amazingly well written piece. Even if I hadn't ever seen the show I would really want to watch it.
The show is amazing!!!!!