Friends Review | Teen Ink

Friends Review

May 15, 2019
By grapestephie BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
grapestephie BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Friends is an addicting, hilarious series based on 6 relatable friends living their complicated lives in New York City. Living in an apartment with bright purple walls and an iconic picture frame around the peep hole, Monica Geller, portrayed by Courtney Cox, meets all of her best friends that creates the show of Friends.


The laughable series begins when Rachel Green, played by Jennifer Aniston, comes running in the doors of the crew’s favorite coffee shop, Central Perk, in a wedding dress. Since Rachel left her own wedding, Monica takes her under her wing and allows Rachel to move in with her.


With Joey and Chandler, played by Matt LeBlanc and Matthew Perry, living across the hall from Monica and Rachel, pure comedy and sarcasm is shown every single episode. Chandler, known for his corny jokes and enjoyable mockery, and Joey, known for his charm and flirtatious line “How you doin’?” find themselves gathering at Monica’s house for everything from watching TV, eating dinner, or celebrating parties with one another. These two


Ross Geller, Monica’s older brother played by David Schwimmer, is a smart, hardworking paleontologist, who is notorious for getting made fun of about his job and the amount of divorces he has had. Ross joins in with the clan with the quirky, fun Phoebe Buffay, brought to character by Lisa Kudrow. Phoebe, a masseuse and guitar player with a rough upbringing, joins in on the fun and comedy with her cheesy songs, unique looks, and eccentric personality.


Together, these six extremely different people come together to create a show unlike any other. Through dry humor, emotional breakups, and famous one-liners, Friends is an easy show to binge. This show brings hysterical laughs, bittersweet tears, and pure joy that other shows have a hard time accomplishing. Although nominated and receiving many awards, Friends is truly a show I recommend to everyone and will guarantee pleasure and fulfillment in the end.