Big Mouth | Teen Ink

Big Mouth

November 29, 2018
By Anonymous

As a kid i never really watched the tv i was always outside playing living life with my friends .The tv show i needed growing up as a kid would be “Big Mouth” created by Nick Kroll (Nick) and Andrew Goldberg (Andrew). This show is a more complex story, but your average middle school based show. The two are best friends in middle school going through puberty just nick is behind andrew they called him the late bloomer. This show really covers what a typical middle school becoming an young adult means and or would be for a child. The background to the show is based on the creator's life just with some different plots and twist.

The background behind this show is actually from the creators themselves, real life events.

I feel as though that puts time and courage to make a show on what is and was your childhood. Being behind on the growth table and what its like to feel left out of a group. For the creators of this show to be so open and honest is something not a lot of television cartoonist put the time and effort forward. I just found that super interesting and intriguing. I feel like they made this for exactly me.

When i watch the first season i just could not wait for the second season to come out. This show is Phenomenal! I was thinking that it was just gonna be dumb and a waste of time but the way the monsters came into play i truly wish would be real because some of the real life ideas they were trying to capture was something else. I really feel like the life of a kid going through puberty was really captured.

The creators of the show captured the horrors of a young kids becoming of age. It was like they were unafraid to tell the story with a vast amount of  non PG 13 rules. Watching this show made me feel less out of the loop from when i was younger, and I would recommend kids today to watch this show. Personally this show is over the top when it comes to the dramatics i feel as though it really covered what it's like to be a kid experiencing things for the first time. From being depressed or smoking for the first time, having your first kiss or your parents going through a divorce, “Big Mouth” really shows and ties in real emotions.

“Big Mouth” I would give top rating, i honestly feel like it needs to be nominated for an award. I highly advise anyone to watch it, just to laugh and feel normal about anything that's changing in your life. I hope they make a season three to top of the great work that's already been accomplished. This truly is one of my favorite shows.