Atreyu Suicide Notes and Butterfly Kisses | Teen Ink

Atreyu Suicide Notes and Butterfly Kisses

By nik faber BRONZE, Rochester, New York
nik faber BRONZE, Rochester, New York

ATREYU: Suicide Notes and Butterfly Kisses
By Nik Faber
Atreyu, a metalcorepunkcore band out of Orange County is a very different, original band. Since 1998, they've made 6 albums, each different and more unique than the other.
Suicide Notes and Butterfly Kisses was their first full length album. It's sold over 300,000 copies and still growing.

Personally, I think the mix of Alex Varkatzas (lead vocals) and Brandon Saller's (drummer, second vocals) vocals on the chorus were the best parts of the album. They gave punk a whole new face with their unique style. Also, with the addition of the dual guitar riffs and solos by Travis Miguel and Dan Jacobs give all their songs a unique form. Out of this whole album, there was nothing bad, because this is perfect to anyone that likes punk or metal.

This album is perfect for anyone that likes punkmetalhardcore because it's just that with a mix of screamingsinging vocals and extraordinary instrumentals. Suicide Notes and Butterfly Kisses is Atreyu's best album. The other albums are good, but Atreyu takes many changes in the other albums. This album isn't as light as the other, making it the best for more dedicated hardcore fans.

My 3 favorite songs off this album are one “Someone's Standing on My Chest,” two “Tulips Are Better,” three “Deanne the Arsonist”. Each of these songs all has a great breakdown andor chorus, amazing instrumentals, outstanding lyrics and great solos.

Overall, I give Suicide Notes and Butterfly Kisses 5 stars for the instrumentals, vocal mixing and lyrics that create a newer type of metal. I would recommend Atreyu to anyone who's into hardcore music. This band is sort of like old Avenged Sevenfold, As I Lay Dying, and All That Remains because the vocals are the same style and have similar instrumentals.

knight45 said...
on Jun. 10 2010 at 3:45 pm
ATREYU ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >.<