Madness by Sleeping With Sirens | Teen Ink

Madness by Sleeping With Sirens

January 24, 2017
By Jordan2020 BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Jordan2020 BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Don't apologize for who you are."


Madness

Kellin Quinn might have the melodic voice of a girl, but the band makes up for it with fantastic lyrics and killer guitar riffs. All three of these things can be found in an album. A good album is something that can hold all of your favorite songs. For me, that album is Madness by Sleeping With Sirens.
With Ears to See and Eyes to Hear was released on March 23, 2010. In this album the members in the band were Kellin Quinn the lead vocalist and keyboards, Brandon McMaster the lead guitar and backup vocals, Nick Trombino the rhythm guitar and backup vocals, Justin Hills the bass guitar and backup vocals, and Gabe Barham with the drums and percussion. The album reached number 7 on Billboard’s Top Heatseakers chart and at number 36 on Top Dependant Albums. If You Were A Movie, This Would be Your Soundtrack was released on June 26th, 2012 as the band’s first acoustic EP. The members in the band at this time were Kellin Quinn as lead vocals, Jack Fowler as lead guitar, Jesse Lawson as rhythm guitar, Justin Hills as bass guitar, and Gabe Barham as percussion. Madness was released on March 13th, 2015. The members in the band at this time were Kellin Quinn as lead vocals and keyboard, Jack Fowler as lead guitar and programming, Nick Martin as rhythm guitar and backup vocals, Justin Hills as Bass guitar and backing vocals, and Gabe Barham as percussion.
The genre of music that classifies with Sleeping With Sirens is post-hardcore/punk. There are a lot of different bands that classify with this genre of music. Some examples would be A Day to Remember, Pierce the Veil, Falling in Reverse and Bring Me the Horizon. These are only a few of the many bands in the genre.
Madness is the album that came out in 2015. Its most popular songs are Kick me, The Strays and Go Go Go. Kick Me is really about just being yourself and not caring what people think of you or what they say behind your back. The Strays is about how you’re not alone when you feel like you are, you have a place that you belong even if society doesn’t declare that place as “normal.” Go Go Go is basically about not staying in the past and dwelling on it, not worrying about the future or what could happen, just live now and worry about things when they happen and solve it. These three songs I feel really set the album and how they wanted it portrayed to people.
I hope this gives you a general idea on why I chose Madness by Sleeping With Sirens for this, as I feel it’s a really good album to have done this on.