Hamilton: An American Musical by Lin-Manuel Miranda | Teen Ink

Hamilton: An American Musical by Lin-Manuel Miranda

By WeirdosUnite GOLD, Prairie Farm, Wisconsin
WeirdosUnite GOLD, Prairie Farm, Wisconsin

"Give me your hands if we be friends, and Robin shall restore amends"~Puck, A Midsummer Night's Dream

Hamilton: An American Musical, is truly a work of art - a hip-hop masterpiece.

Hamilton is about Alexander Hamilton's life, from the time he was 19 to his fatal duel with Aaron Burr.

Feturing a wonderful cast of characters such as Hamilton, his wife Eliza, his sister-in-law Angelica, George Washington, James Madison, and lots of other historical figures, it's a masterpiece of history.

It takes place during the revolutionary war and the aftermath, so it is dark and sad in places, but I still love it. One of the saddest songs, "It's Quiet Uptown", is my favorite.

The songs are hip-hop, and yet they are different from any other hip-hop I've ever heard. I don't like hip-hop, and I LOVELOVELOVE this musical! Some of the songs are R&B, some are dance songs, some are sad songs, and some are emotional or sweet songs.
If you love American history, hip-hop, musicals, or all of the above, you should listen to Hamilton. It is addictive.

I LOVE Hamilton, and I needed to let other teens know about thisamazing piece of work from composer Lin-Maunel Miranda.