I Feel It Coming by The Weeknd (Featuring Daft Punk)

Review: 4.5/5

I Feel It Coming, released November 18th, 2016, from highly anticipated Starboy, is simply magnificent. In this timely groove, The Weeknd's silky-smoothe voice is barely distinguishable from the man dubbed "King of Pop," Michael Jackson. In a rather sultry, suave way, The Weeknd's voice cascades over a conspicuous beat provided by Daft Punk, who's appearance is worth while, though really doesn't add up to very much. The French duo's performance is still much more significant than their appearance on "Starboy," the upcoming album's title track. The song has a unique way to both soothe you, and make you want to get up and dance and shout along with the lyrics. If the upcoming "Starboy" is anything like "I Feel It Coming", then it is safe to say that this could be among the top albums of the year, along with "Blond" and "Lemonade". The Weeknd has a knack for turning his songs, that normally brim with innuendo and explicit content, into mainstream radio hits, very successful ones a that, such as "The Hills" and "Can't Feel My Face". I am rooting for this track in particular to join those standouts, and I wish the best for "Starboy".