1989 by Taylor Swift | Teen Ink

1989 by Taylor Swift

By nrosinski17 BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
nrosinski17 BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois

The album 1989 was released October 27th, 2014, and it sold 1.287 million copies in just the first week with a current total of five million albums sold. Taylor Swift developed, wrote, and produced the thirteen songs on the album starting in 2012 while she was on tour with her Red album, another music phenomenon selling a current total of four-and-a-half million copies. Taylor Swift released the first single from 1989, “Shake It Off,” on August 18th followed by: “Blank Space,” “Style,” “Bad Blood,” “Wildest Dreams,” “Out of the Woods,” and “New Romantics.” The “Blank Space” music video has an ongoing total number of views of 1.756 billion. 1989 won numerous awards for the tour, songs, and music videos accompanied with it, including the Grammy Award for Album of the Year.
To celebrate 1989, Taylor Swift went on her fourth world tour which lasted a total of 221 days. She visited four continents and hosted 85 total shows. The tour earned two hundred and fifty million dollars; meanwhile, she won the title Top Touring Artist from the Billboard Music Awards. On the night of her show in Sydney, Australia, Apple Music signed a deal with Taylor to make a movie of the entire concert, which had the most attendees out of all the other tour dates. Overall, this was one of the most successful tours of 2015.
The writer of 1989, Taylor Swift, is an upbeat, enthusiastic, 26-year-old music mogul, business tycoon, and Christmas fanatic. She grew up in a small town in Pennsylvania and moved to Nashville, Tennessee to pursue her dreams of becoming a music star; this gave her many years of experience working with country music, so 1989 was a big profitable leap to writing pop music. The Taylor Swift empire is defined by Swift’s sweet, thoughtful, and gentle nature, as well as her love of cats, baking, and New York City, her place of residence. Along with The Big Apple another type of apple she conquered was the Apple Music Industry; Swift released a statement addressed to them explaining that new artists struggling to support themselves could suffer greatly from the free three-month trial they offer and that they should receive credit and payment for their work. Taylor Swift states, “We don’t ask you for free iPhones. Please don’t ask us to provide you with our music for no compensation.”
She is also recognized in the media for her large “squad” of friends, love for her fans, and gratitude for both of their limitless support, which defines her loyalty. Swift also donates money continuously and regularly spends her time at children's hospitals; she recently donated one million dollars to the Louisiana flood victims. She has infinite awards and nominations, including ten Grammy’s, but there is no trophy that can define her genuine character.

I was inspired to write this article because Taylor Swift has decided not to release an album this year, breaking her every other year schedule she's held.