David Archuleta - This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

David Archuleta’s self-titled debut album is one of those discs that never get old. If you are a fan of pop, soft ballads, or just good music to rock around your bedroom to, you will be starstruck.

The album opens with the chart-topping song “Crush.” If Archuleta’s voice hasn’t captivated you after that number, the next few will most certainly leave you wanting more.

Archuleta really brings “teen life” to his songs and speaks to his listeners about falling in love, the confusion of breaking up and, of course, “crushing,” which any teen can understand. Archuleta closes with the phenomenal “Angels,” originally sung by Robbie Williams. Slower tracks on the album (“You Can” and “To Be With You”) fit perfectly with the faster, more upbeat “Touch My Hand,” “Running,” and “Don’t Let Go.”

What makes us fall head-over-heels in love with this 17-year-old rising star? Is it his voice? His talent? His charm? Normally, I listen to classic rock radio stations; I grew up with the music my dad played in the car. I love bands like America and The Rolling Stones, so I never imagined I would love a pop singer like Archuleta. But his fantastic voice, upbeat attitude, and ­conservative values really draw teens – and their parents – to this sensational new album.

It doesn’t matter whether you are eight or 78: you will be able to relate to any song on the album. It’s worth your while to pick up a copy today.

lil boo said...
Mar. 3, 2011 at 9:30 am:
hes kinda hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lil reeses1015 said...
Mar. 3, 2011 at 9:19 am:

i <3 <3 david he is soooooooo awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

DaydreamBeliever This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 26, 2011 at 7:36 pm:
It was okay. I was actually a little disappointed with it. After watching him on American Idol, I was expecting more acoustic rock stuff. That's what he's good at. For someone who doesn't really like pop, I did enjoy it, but probably not as much as I could have.

LILMAMAAKAKEKE replied...
Apr. 11, 2011 at 10:25 am :
IF I WAS U I WOOD TRYTO GO WITH HIM

Blissless said...
Feb. 26, 2011 at 2:07 pm:
I've heard his name before but I don't think I've actually listened to him :S Maybe I'll go look for his album now

Hope U. said...
Feb. 4, 2011 at 3:42 pm:
ok with david archuleta he is a cutie pie

Phantom_Girl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 31, 2010 at 6:39 am:

I definetely agree with what you said about his relatability, especially in "Crush."

The review is well written and pretty well organized as well. Keep up the good work.

SkyeLyne said...
Now I want to buy his cd

TessaOhhh said...
Oct. 6, 2010 at 7:30 am:
really really good job on this article, it made me want to go out and buy his cd.. :)

scoobiibaby54 said...
i love david!!!!!hes so amazing!

Meldina said...
Jul. 26, 2010 at 12:15 pm:
I love when people appreciate David's voice. He is comming out with a cd in spetember yay!!!!!!!!!

WritingLoverForever said...
Jul. 21, 2010 at 11:22 am:
I'm absolutely obsessed with David! His songs rock! Especially "A Little Too Not Over You", my favorite one!

Diana101 said...
Jul. 13, 2010 at 8:08 pm:

Wonderful article!

I love all of David's songs! They're so amazing! I can't wait for his next album!

ELM522This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:37 pm:
I met him!!! He's EXTREMELY sweet and down to Earth!

forgottenpenname This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 16, 2010 at 11:46 am:
I love David Archuleta! :) I wasn't a big fan of him until last summer when I got to see him perform live, and he was just as good there as he was on a recording. For about three months straight I listened to "Angels" every night before falling asleep.

paige.<3 said...
May 5, 2010 at 10:49 am:

ohmygosh.

i absolutely lovelovelovelovelovelove "You Can."

it is the ultimate love song.

i also love this boy and this CD.

he is so good. :)

shelbywearsprada33 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
How can you like a "Musician" who doesnt even write most of his own songs?

forgottenpenname This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 16, 2010 at 11:54 am :

Usually I'm annoyed when people don't write their own songs, too, but I've been studying the music business a little, and I found out that it's a lot easier to break into the business if you DON'T write your own songs, because that gives the record company more control over your sound. Also, on his next album, he's actually working on writing a lot of the songs... he just needed to get a strong fanbase first before the label would let him do his own thing.

But anyway, I have a question... (more »)

shelbywearsprada33 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 16, 2010 at 8:35 pm :
wow, why would someone want their music to be controlled? that's stupid.

May 17, 2010 at 2:06 pm :
I completely agree, but for a lot of people it's the easiest way in. Once they're established in the industry, it's easier to go and do their own thing.