Lights by Ellie Goulding | Teen Ink

Lights by Ellie Goulding

By Writergirl009 BRONZE, Hudson, Ohio
Writergirl009 BRONZE, Hudson, Ohio

Ellie Goulding has rapidly risen to the top in the music industry. With a stunning voice and unique point of view, she is bound to stay a star for a very long time. “ Lights”, one her various hit singles, is a very jubilant and energetic song. It has mastered more than 119 million views on Youtube and has received much airplay. Despite its unique rhythm and convivial feeling that is associated with the tune, it is the lyrics that captivate me the most. Ellie really expresses her innermost feelings in this song, implying that she will be strong no matter what comes in her way. She really explains the stress and apprehension that comes with being a pop star. While she is out pursuing her dream, she is still missing her family and friends back at home.  Even for those who do not aspire to be a successful singer, this song is still very relatable.It has helped me realise that I can overcome the feeling of doubt and worry that sometimes seem to control me. Over the last few years, Ellie has made a wonderful legacy in the world of music, constantly producing inspiring and motivational songs. This song, in particular, has really pushed me to step out of my comfort zone and be stronger than I thought I could be.

Ellie Goulding is a very talented musician who is currently dominating the music industry. I recommend this song to anyone who craves inspirational and motivational music!