Order Shall Prevail by Jungle Rot | Teen Ink

Order Shall Prevail by Jungle Rot

By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida

Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater

Jungle Rot is a death metal band that is heavily influenced by the old school classics like Morbid Angel, Obituary and Cannibal Corpse added with some groove elements that at reminiscent to bands like Pantera, Sepultura and Soulfly. Heck, they even bring in Max Cavalera from Sepultura, Cavalera Conspiracy and Soulfly in one of the tracks.
This is a ten track album that lasts for 36 minutes, which is quite short when compared to many other death metal albums today that last for 40 or 50 minutes normally. This album shows that they are very focused with their music and keeps with there normal sound, they never step off of that car accelerator mind you because of that. Though this can lead to some problems like little change in style and little to no innovation, Cannibal Corpse can easily do this(see Torture and Skeletal Remains). Though with that sacrificed, they have a signature style laid out for this album which is war. Unlike Sabaton however, they focus on stereotypes of war veterans or soldiers and maybe even deaths of these soldiers. One song in particular, EFK, is what their description of a soldier is and it's played out more for comedy than true brutality, at least in my case anyway.the fourth track, I believe it's Fight For Your Life, features the famous Max Cavalera from, well a couple different bands actually but let's say for now Soulfly. When doing something like this, I find it much more enjoyable if you're able to pick out who is who which is the case here because Max has the more thrash inspired vocals of the two and includes feral screams. The song its self is good to say the least and likely something I would play on reset for a little while. I can't say it's excellent overall, but this album does have some legs to stand on which isn't too bad at all.
I give this a 7/10. Yeah, it's only an average rating, at least for now. I am the Grim Reaper, signing off.

What did you think of this album? Post in the comments below to tell me what you thought. Stay metal everyone. m/