And On Into the Eternal Nether...Of Forgotten and Stricken Souls(EP)(2011) by Sanhedrin | Teen Ink

And On Into the Eternal Nether...Of Forgotten and Stricken Souls(EP)(2011) by Sanhedrin

June 16, 2015
By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
247 articles 0 photos 57 comments

Favorite Quote:
Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater


Sanhedrin is a modern melodic black metal band from the UK. To my knowledge, they have released one EP, this one, and two full length albums within the course of only a few years. While not incredibly well known, they seem to have some resemblance to other bands like Naglfar, Marduk, 1349, and Watain.
This EP is meant to be more of a concept album which if you can get the metaphorical nature of the long and incredibly winded title, is supposed to be about the suffrage of the poor souls that are unlucky enough to be stuck in this fiery place below us often called hell. While the lyrics and especially the music can be a bit repetitive for one three part track that is 13 minutes, it holds its own and does change up frequently. The longest part, Of Forgotten and Stricken Souls, is the main focal point for the album or the center piece so to speak. I really don't have much to say here. The only true flaw could be, it's a bit short, sorry I just like longer stuff because, one, I like to prove I have a longer attention span than normal and two, it fleshes out the story or music capabilities a bit more so that you can see what they can truly do. It may be a bit of a minor complaint, but nothing to really let slide.
I give this a 9.5/10. I am the Grim Reaper, signing off.


The author's comments:

I believe this will be one of the shorter reviews that I've done. Surly the shortest since I got my formula down. Expect to see this again later.