Wieder Geil by We Butter the Bread With Butter | Teen Ink

Wieder Geil by We Butter the Bread With Butter

By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida

Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater

This is actually a very interesting concept this band managed here. We Butter the Bread With Butter is a German industrial hardcore(particularly deathcore) band that has a concept so interesting I'm wondering how no one came up with this before. They seem to combine elements from bands like Born of Osiris and Suicide Silence for deathcore and Rammstein and Oomph for the industrial and can speak in both German and English.
This is 36 minutes of total madness. You can easily say, especially if you're a deathcore fan, that this is some crazy and heavy stuff. I may not be a huge fan of either genre but it seems that combine, it just makes both sound better. You still get the hardcore breakdowns and you still get the samplings and keyboard induced industrial sound. Nothing was really lost from either genre. The tracks here can range anywhere from 2 minutes to about four, not much of a time gap, but I just thought it's important. The shortest of which ends off with arguably the heaviest and best breakdown I've ever heard in hardcore history and coupled with the slight industrial sounds in there, it just makes it that much more massive it seems. I do understand both the revolving theme and the music its self can be repetitive, but I do think it just goes by too fast for you to truly notice. That said, the revolving theme here seems to be anarchy and rebellion as seen in tracks like Anarchy, Berlin! Berlin! and Bang Bang Bang. I'm not one to normally like deathcore to any degree higher than decent or ok, but call me hardcore because this was a pleasant and admittedly great suprise. It's a weird one, but I think you'll like it.
I give this album a 9/10. I am the Grim Reaper, signing off.