Into The Wild Life(2015) by Halestorm | Teen Ink

Into The Wild Life(2015) by Halestorm

By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida

Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater

Halestorm is a modern hard rock band that features the famous frontwoman Lzzy Hale who named the band after herself. So far to my knowledge, they have released three albums with what seems like a three year wait period between each one. The band has touched upon many topics in their music like rebellion with Freak Like Me, breakups in I Miss The Misery and depression in songs like In Your Room and Break In.
Into the Wild Life is far different from their previous two albums. The last two were definitely more modern rock and anthemic based. This one seems to incorporate that and many other rock and metal based elements making this album a bit more diverse in sound. Tracks like Dear Daughter are more emotionally driven and give a sense of pity and sympathy. Tracks like Mayhem, Apocalyptic, and Scream are more punky and a bit more like what they are well known for. I would also like to mention that this is more set in a similar faction to many concept albums for progressive rock bands. While this isn't always the case, you will find this alot throughout the album almost making it in its self, a concept album(I guess that's why it's more musically diverse). I will admit I do like The Strange Case of and the self titled more, but this is surprisingly great. I have to give credit where credit is due and I managed to do that. The diversity is more my style because my favorite genre, progressive rock, explores this alot normally. Halestorm has to get props for trying something new.
I give this a 9/10. I am the Grim Reaper, signing off.