Second Life Syndrome by Riverside | Teen Ink

Second Life Syndrome by Riverside

April 25, 2015
By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
247 articles 0 photos 57 comments

Favorite Quote:
Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater


One of the most soothing, thought provoking and enlightening progressive metal bands of all time. Coming from the small country of pierogies known as Poland, this will easily begin to haunt you once you begin listening to any of their stuff. The singer here also has a someone noticeable voice to Maynard of Tool and A Perfect Circle. Also, my favorite Polish band ever, even greater than Vader and Behemoth combine.
Second Life Syndrome is about as long as Between The Buried and Me`s Colors. The only difference is that SLS is not one giant song like Colors. But there are some pretty strong epics like the title track for example lasting for about 15 minutes or so. There's also a really cool instrumental but sadly I can't remember the name(note to self: write down titles, then review). Every track is a standout whether it be for soothing nature, thought provoking musicalities or because it's just, unique. The only problem is the length of the album its self, why? It left me thirsting for more once the album was over. I felt they could make it a two disc thing and have me try and follow along until my attention span leaves, which is hard to do when I like something.
I give this album a 9.5/10 nonetheless. I am the Grim Reaper, signing off


The author's comments:

See you all next time. I will also be writing poems so if you can give me any advice(especially for Haiku, Free Verse, Song Lyrics, and Limericks) that will be very appreciated.