Fragile by Yes | Teen Ink

Fragile by Yes

April 23, 2015
By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
247 articles 0 photos 57 comments

Favorite Quote:
Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater


One of the most influential prog bands to date made their debut here only recently. Last time we talked about them was with Close To The Edge which was a great album I highly recommend you check out my review and the album its self. But enough talk about the past, let's talk about this album, Fragile.
Fragile is arguably the most well known of all the Yes albums, this or Close To The Edge. Mainly due to the popular single Roundabout, which starts the album, and its godly instrumentation segments. That's really all you need to say, "godly instrumentation segments" but I'll take it a step further and show some other great qualities present within this album. The vocals are great and well written, the transitions, while tricky, can leave you with a great desire for more, this feels like one entire song and the fact that you can't go wrong with Yes. I really shouldn't have to say much more now do I? Some tracks are wacky, some are speedy. Some are thrashy and some are just plain prog, it is easy to understand why Yes is so high on everyone`s prog bands list, mines included. For albums like this, Closer to the Edge and just their everchanging style can really pull you in.
This album gets a 10/10. I am the Grim Reaper, signing off.


The author's comments:

Yet another Yes album done so you know they are good. Expect to see more from this band and more.