Moonlover(2015) by Ghost Bath | Teen Ink

Moonlover(2015) by Ghost Bath

By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida

Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater

It seems I have reached, creepy territory. Well, this is a DSBM that was gaining underground success pretty quickly might I add. Coming from North Dakota is a band that managed to send shivers down my spine. Even though they've only released two albums so far, I decided to check this one out because its 2015 so why not? With melodic tunes to heavy black metal, you will find something you might like.
This album has a mind of its own so it seems. One minute you're in a devastating atmosphere with say, buildings crumbling and apocalypse time. The next minute you then find you're in a soothing, tranquil place with nothing but peace and quite to fill the air.
This band have also been compared to the Shoegaze band Deafheaven, I can definitely see it too, especially with the more melodic moments of the album. The last track especially fits that creepy atmosphere I spoke about. Due to the final stretch of the album being chalk full of random eerie sounds. Then there's that piano which adds the classic side of the album and works seemingly well. I really find nothing to bad except the cover.
I give it a 9.5/10. I am the Grim Reaper, signing off.