Hand. Cannot. Erase.(2015) by Steven Wilson | Teen Ink

Hand. Cannot. Erase.(2015) by Steven Wilson

By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida

Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater

After the high praise he got from 2013s The Raven That Refused to Sing, he decided to get to work on this soothing, touching, and somewhat haunting experiance. Yes the Porcupine Tree God is back and ready for action. We all know Steven Wilson, he's able to combine prog elements from bands like Pink Floyd, Genesis, and Yes. Thus making spectacular albums like Fear of a Blank Planet for example. What's not to like about him?
Hand. Cannot. Erase. is a story about a young girl who feels as if she has a boring stressful life and also has many regrets that she hates getting remembered. From the first one at 3 to the last one before she commits suicide. Eventually her parents and her family all notice this gruesome event and go in mourning for her dead body. Very haunting and can send chills down some spines if possible. And you though The Raven... was a good album, well you must not have seen this yet.
Steven Wilson we all know is a genius and people will praise him for that and that alone. We all knew he was going to make another masterpiece. Even for progressive rock this is among the most chilling stories I've ever heard. Mr. Steven Wilson, we all now down to your absolute brilliance, we will all thank you kindly for this magnificent masterpiece of a story. But alas, I still have the score to give. So without further ado, I give this a 10/10. I am the Grim Reaper, signing off.