Endless Forms Most Beautiful(2015) by Nightwish | Teen Ink

Endless Forms Most Beautiful(2015) by Nightwish

April 14, 2015
By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
247 articles 0 photos 57 comments

Favorite Quote:
Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater


Well, it took forever. Nightwish has released their newest album on March 30th in the states and I finally got a chance to check it out. When compared to other albums, even Imaginarium, this has a recuring theme all throughout. That theme, is the beauty of the forests and plants around us. Introducing new Nightwish vocalist Floor Jansen who you may know from After Forever and ReVamp. She definitely seems like the perfect replacement for misouir Tarja Turunen, and it shows. In tracks like Shudder Before The Beautiful, Elan(the single), the title track, and Weak Fantasy you can also see how the band`s songwriter and keyboardist, Tuomas, is surely upping the use of theatrical effects in Nightwish`s music. The finally, The Greatest Show On Earth, is also the BEST way to end off the album. In a similar fashion to Dream Theater`s Octavarium, this song has transitions everywhere once you really get started. Plus, its also as long as Octavarium making this the longest Nightwish song to date.
Though Marco`s vocals does leave something that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. That's because his vocals are a little too low almost the point of death metal which is NOT what they're known for. Other than that, I find nothing wrong. Even the more folky elements are very cool in my book, granted, its probably because I like Ensiferum and Eluveitie a whole lot as well. Great release as expected from one of the best metal bands of all time.
I give this a 9/10. I am the Grim Reaper, signing off.


The author's comments:

Yet another new review review that is done and complete. Expect to see this in my top 15 albums of the year, or however many I decide to do year.